Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I stay in Reno one extra day and try to become a Platinum member at Harrah's and win my bankroll back?
Yes, you only live once!
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
No, go home, you already lost 2 grand this gambling calendar year!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Yes, the bus runs back to Mammoth on Tuesday too!
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Yes, work can wait one more day!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: HELP! WHAT SHOULD I DO? Reply with quote

Hi everybody, greetings from Reno! I've been at Harrah's since Friday afternoon and also took a cab ride down to the Peppermill to utilize my $75 free play on Friday evening. Haven't won a red cent in either place. Down about $400, most of which was gone Friday night, although I got two comped buffets at Carvings. I could become a Platinum member with Total Rewards with one more day of play. Paycheck posts via direct deposit tomorrow at midnite. No more days off till the new year, which is also when my tier credits expire. Should I go home tomorrow as planned, or should I stay one extra day and try to turn things around?

Last edited by Mammothgambler on Oct Sun 23, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JD

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Play craps or cards Reply with quote

Play at the pit....chum up the pit boss and tell him you need a few more points to make the grade.

Tip the dealer in front of him and ask if she has to split tips with the pit boss....who probably used to be a dealer.

You'll make the cut, easily.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JD, hope all is well! Thanks for your input and your vote! I do know tomorrow is triple point day but I'm not sure if that works for tier credits too. I'm kind of sitting on staying because I had this same problem last year, where I was very close to rolling over, then I wasn't able to make it back and my tier credits expired. If anything, I think I might play it out and then beg for the upgrade if I don't get it by Tuesday. I might flash my lucky "Year of the Rabbit 2011" gold card at them, explain I've been a lowly gold member since 2003, that I was promised that this commemorative Chinese New Year card would bring me good luck (so they said when I got it at Imperial Palace in LV!) and see what happens. On my last trip, I saw a couple of people get honored with the "Diamond in a Day" status so you just never know! It was one of my New Year's Resolutions last year to get upgraded and it didn't happen so I think I'm staying. In the meantime, I have just enough money set aside for an Awful Awful at the Nugget tomorrow...

Mammothgambler
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: The Ayes have it! Reply with quote

So far, 3 of us have voted. 33% X 3 = 99%. So even in unanimity we're 1% against the whole idea. But...........ya only live once!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you have already made your decision, but platinum doesn't give you much of anything. You should go home to do some laundry and trim your toe nails....... Actually, I really hope I am wrong and you decided to stay and won some serious cash!!!
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did you hit Platinum? We want the ugly details, you know!
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Thu 10, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone - I DID : ) 2 part trip report to follow - seriously, I'm gonna call it "I hit Platinum, jumped a bum downtown who tried to pick my pocket (I KID YOU NOT!), had to leave my laptop at the Apple Store to get a new logic board, only to go back and do it all again two weeks later...and didn't win SQUAT!"

Mammothgambler
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 15, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Gasp! Reply with quote

Mammoth, I've been holding my breath, but I finally had to gasp for air. You've provided us with the ultimate teaser. OK, I'm inhaling again.....!
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Nov Tue 15, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mammoth is way too busy enjoying all his new Platinum perks to be bothered with trip reports for us mere mortals down here with lowly Gold cards....
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 15, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Lily Reply with quote

Guess that's it Lily. Anyway, hope you make platinum at the Cal Neva and watch out for Mammoth's pickpocket.
JD

PostPosted: Nov Wed 16, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Lily's trip report Reply with quote

Since it appears everyone that goes, is too tired to do a trip report AFTER returning...my suggestion is:

Lily, how about doing your trip report BEFORE you go? Then all you have to do when you get back is say: Yup, nope, almost.

Besides, it'll stretch your creative writing and seer skills.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Nov Wed 16, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that I'm actually one of the few who follows up within a reasonable amount of time and posts my trip report, I think I should be exempt from the pre-trip report! Though, truth be told, I actually contemplated starting one this morning....
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Wed 16, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking that the "bum" that tried to pick Mammoth's pocket actually succeeded and got into the other pocket that had the trip report. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: