Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goin' to Vegas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Sat 21, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Goin' to Vegas Reply with quote

It wasn't my idea but it appears I'll be in Las Vegas next week with about 14 of my coworkers from BC Ferries. My Captain and I are retiring after 35+ years of service.

The original plan was to fly to Vegas for a night then up to Reno for a few more then back to Vegas and then to return home. All this to avoid driving to Seattle instead of Bellingham. Then somebody realized that was too much airport hopping. The inferior destination won out. Las Vegas it is. At least we're staying downtown, which is kinda like old Reno.

I'll wear all my old Reno T-shirts the whole time as my way of passive resistance.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Sun 22, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Don't retire Reply with quote

Dave, you might want to reconsider your retirement plan. I think it's affecting your judgment. Reno is clearly the better choice. Where will you find friendly, loving cockatoos in Vegas? or a friendly webmaster? or an awful awful? or the world's tallest climbing thingy? or nude pole dancing at Shooters? or half a dozen closed and crumbling hotels? or that thing I can't remember right now?

Snap out of it, man~ see the light!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Too late Reply with quote

Worked my last night tonight. Now I get to sit and think about my future for a day before jetting off to Sin City.

Flying over Reno on the way to Vegas about 7:15 PM on Tuesday. Send Higgins up to about 30 thousand feet and I'll send him back down to you with a bag of Janice's cookies.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Mmmmm, cookies Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer, Dave, but Higgins won't fly that far unless he thinks there's something in it for him. Have fun in Vegas.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

I'll be sure to follow up with an inferior trip report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: