Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ's Trip Report - April 30 to May 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: MJ's Trip Report - April 30 to May 6 Reply with quote

Well, since I can't compete with JD in the clever department, and not quite sure what Dave's meant by the "graphic" report, so I just decided to write my trip report (Sponsor's Name Here)-style. In other words, excrutiatingly long.

That includes 100s of links to photos and websites. Don't sell yourself short, check on lots of the links. Some are irrelevant links that you might not immediately get, and others are actual photos taken by actual me (or my actual wife).

Feel free to comment on this site or on my blog site (registration required). Enjoy!
JD

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT'S a TRIP REPORT.

I like the pics of VC...if you took them last night, you'd see me face down on that wooden sidewalk.

When I grow up, I wanna write one like yours...with PICS!!

Good job.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Thanks for the extended report with photo links and all....

And in spite of my EXTENSIVE reading about LV, I had not run across anything about Johnny Smalls until your report. It'll be on the list when we go.

We're staying two nights at Bally's, one night at Red Rock (to see Motley Crue & NY Dolls), and had planned to go back to Bally's for three nights, but canceled those rooms to PAY to stay on Fremont Street. Your postings of the fried Oreos and Twinkies for 99 cents are definitely making me feel like I made the right choice.... <grin>
stan_allen

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: You don't want to walk a mile in JD's shoes, anyway... Reply with quote

Great job on that report, Mjames - now, no more feelings of inadequacy allowed on the board; you may not have as many nights of near-blackout-bacchanalia, but you've more than made up for that with your near-encyclopedic linking and references.

Come back to Reno when you don't have to compete in bowling, and then you can really let loose!
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know HOW to take a vacation that is not centered around bowling.
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Now THAT'S a TRIP REPORT.

(Blushing)
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LilyJDragonfly wrote:
YAY! Thanks for the extended report with photo links and all....

And in spite of my EXTENSIVE reading about LV, I had not run across anything about Johnny Smalls until your report. It'll be on the list when we go.

I spend too much time on Vegas-related websites, but all I really need, I learn from these four....

Las Vegas Advisor
Two Way Hard Three
Vegas Tripping
CheapoVegas
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Egads! The mother of all trip reports! Reply with quote

Mjames,

Printed out your trip report and took a day off work to read it. While your report was still on-screen I used a custom browser add-on to "open all links simultaneously" and my computer exploded! Stan's Las Vegas report (Jan. 2010) only caused severe overheating.

Glad you had a good time and that Reno proved itself superior (at least financially) than that inferior place down south.

Oh, and the "graphics" I mentioned referred to the photos you indicated would follow in your full report. You have fullfilled your promise admirably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: