Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry's TR - Repost from Aug 05 (was archive # 6)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Jerry's TR - Repost from Aug 05 (was archive # 6) Reply with quote

So here is a short trip report. Aug 28-31.
Highlight was spending some time with John, JD, and Grace.
(Highlights, of course, are in ASCENDING order.)

Most of the Siena staff are fantastic also, most especially Casey, Molly, and Nicole.

Gambling not so good as usual. As stated on another board and mentioned here, the last remaining single full pay game on VP is gone.

The nite we arrived, I hit 4 Aces and 4 Fours on quarter VP. Went to bed about 300 ahead. Two mornings later, I was not doing well and was getting bored at losing. I switched for a hand or two from Double bonus to Deuces Wild - which I rarely play. The first hand, I was dealt one deuce and a face card or two. I tossed four cards, held the lone deuce, and promptly drew three more deuces for 500 dollars. This was almost all gone before the day was over.

For the trip, my wife lost about everything that I won so we came out about even on the gambling -- which is much, much better than normal. We are way down for the year. But the cash back paid for the gas home. All meals and rooms were comped, as well as my wife's Rock Massage.

I was disappointed that the Whirlpool was leaking and out of order. The pool was totally empty on a moderately windy afternoon.
I had pre-school infants (age 1-2) in the hallway yelling at 1 am and again early in the morning. Where are the parents? I opened the room door to see why an infant was crying outside my door at 1 am. After that a parent called from down the hall.

Avoid the incompetent Norah at the Slot Club. There was a big line and two clerks. Norah was allegedly helping us. She kept talking and I asked what she was saying (as it seemed incoherent). Surprise: she was talking to a lady in the other line. I replied, "When people helping me are talking, I expect them to be talking to ME".
When I got to the cage for my cash back and presented my voucher, I was asked: "Who's Virginia?" It seems that Virginia was the lady that Norah was talking to while accommodating me. Gee, I wonder what would have happened if Norah had also been attempting to chew gum while doing all of this higher math???

Now, for some good news (hopefully). I spent about 15 minutes advising the General Manager on how to improve his operations. Regarding the lack of Full Pay VP, he assured me that they had ONE game and offered to show me where it was at. I informed him that the Internet had reported a week or so earlier that it was gone. He said, "No way". I told him that he could check it alone and come back and tell me what he found.
Guess what? He returned and said, "you are right. It is gone. I will fix that."
So we'll see what happens. If it returns, you can thank me for that. I also suggested many more changes on VP, too numerous to mention here.

Also, I checked the 1500 payout for 5 coins on Royals that I complained about last trip. It was changed to 4000 as it should have been all along.
Several people did hit Royals while I was there but I was not witness to any.

Siena cannot put in any more TITOs because they are still in litigation with IGT and are thus not permitted to do business with them.

On a further positive note. Many of the things that I have been complaining about in previous Siena evaluations were brought up in the staff meetings according to the GM. He said he was a "people person" and seems to be a nice guy. Unlike the Slot Mgr. who needs to be sent back to the Atlantis - if they will take him back.

GM also says they are working on doing something about serving premium drinks to the more deserving patrons.
More room changes are coming: Window cranks, turn-down service, pillow chocolates, etc.

By now, the waitresses may have the new uniforms which Molly has been wearing (and wearing very well) for a couple months.

All in all, a good stay. Next trip (except for a very brief, sleep only, pass through) is about two months away. In the interim, I will get to try my luck in LV, Henderson, North LV, Mesquite, Laughlin and maybe others.
This will be in conjunction with World Championship Softball trip to Utah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: