Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharon's TR - Repost (was archive # 57)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Sharon's TR - Repost (was archive # 57) Reply with quote

We had a great time in Reno.

We flew in from Raleigh Saturday a.m. Watched Bourne Supremacy on the leg from Chicago to Reno. That helped with the 3 1/2 hr flight.
Peppermill limo picked us up and we were ready to play.

I think we averaged 5 hrs sleep a night (if that). Saturday we stayed about even. Sunday we registered for the slot tournament. Sunday Gary scored 8700 points. I hit for 7200 points. The second session on Monday I had the luck of sitting at a high point slot machine and scored 10,600. The total of 17,900 put me in 32 place (out of 350) for a prize of $50.00 Also, our Team Group D came in 1st place for total points and that was an extra $75.00 a piece. So, we came out of the tournament winning $200 minus the $128 entry fee. The badges they gave us entitled us to free drinks at any of the bars Sunday and Monday. They had a champagne and cake reception Monday night. It was fun. Gary has a new friend, Larry on the Lobster Mania slot game. Larry was pulling in some large lobster bonus payouts. He was playing pennies. Gary cashed out a jackpot of $200, $170, and a few tickets at $100. I played a lot of video poker. I sat next to a young woman who hit a natural royal flush for $4000+. It wasn’t five minutes after her hand pay she hit it again for over $4,000. On top of that, it was her birthday. What a nice gift. Later that night I had to sit at her machine. I didn’t play the $5 a hand. But I did play $1.25 and hit a natural royal for $800. That machine was HOT! I was getting straight flushes, multiple 4 of a kinds and even a five of a kind (deuces wild). The Peppermill gave us $170 in free slot play. We were all over the place playing this FREE money. We didn’t even hit a cherry. I swore this free play was rigged. Gary had $30 left and played $1 Hot Peppers. I ate my words when he hit $600 on their money.

The Peppermill gave us 2 $25 vouchers for dinner. We ate at Oceana (huge shrimp and scallops) and the next night we went to the Steak House. Gary bless him ate a 24 ounce prime rib. He said it was the best prime rib he had ever been served. I had a filet that had an oak (smoked) taste. It was ok. I just don’t like stuff on a good piece of steak.
We had a beautiful suite, with hot tub, and steam shower, fridge, 2 TVs, bar area with bar stools and a comfy king bed. We charged everything to our room. We were comped for everything but our phone calls, tips and a couple of meals.

We were sorry to leave. But great to come home with some of their money. We'll be back in August.
Thanks for reading
Sharon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: