Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Softball Tourney in reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: May Thu 27, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Big Softball Tourney in reno Reply with quote

Yeah, it is once again time for the Rock n Reno annual tourney. It has 210 teams competing. One of the largest anywhere.

I'll be there with the Band of Brothers. We start Tuesday at Rancho San Rafael in Reno. Then Wed at Golden Eagle in Sparks and Thur at Shadow Mountain in sparks.
I really hope the weather cooperates.

Come on out and cheer for The Hammer.........
I am pumped and ready. But getting no practice here in Oregon as it has rained every day since last Sep (OK, well it does seem so). The 10 day forecast still shows rain almost every day. We are using the heat and it is nearly June.
remano

PostPosted: May Thu 27, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!! The forecast as it now stands looks encouraging, but that can change at any time. Weather in Reno recently has been pretty crummy so we're due for a good spell.

http://rgj.weather.gannettonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=WEATHER0402&Zipcode=89502&City=Reno&State=NV
jerry

PostPosted: May Thu 27, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Keeping the chin up Reply with quote

Thanks for the good luck wishes, Remano. I am planning on better weather. Hawk said he got snowed on just four days ago. My weather is still chancy. Passes and some towns have snow predicted next several days.
remano

PostPosted: May Fri 28, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, it's been so cold and snowy this Spring that Squaw Valley is going to be open for skiing this weekend. I'd go except they're not honoring this year's season pass and I'm not up for paying separately just for a couple novelty runs.
jerry

PostPosted: May Fri 28, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Skeeing, Schmeeing Reply with quote

It's funny about skiing in June. I was just thinking this week that many of the ski areas could likely still offer it. As I drive the passes in CA/OR for softball tourrneys, I see a lot of new snow.
And, as I recall, the weather report for last two days was predicting an inch or two of snow in Susanville,, CA.

Here in OR, I had a game rained out yesterday morning. Then it rained all day, then we played a 9 pm game under the lights on the same field.

As I type this, I look up at the pics beside my desk and see the following:
Multnomah Falls in Oregon as painted by an 85 year old lady friend (her first picture).
Kudzu eating road signs in Georgia.
The Mothman and me in Point Pleasant, WVa.
John Wayne as drawn by my son-in-law.
Me in front of the Webb family store in Butcher Hollow, Ky.
A giant copper ant amongst the cornucopia of flowers at Bellagio's Conservatory in Las Vegas, NV.

And just to the left of this eclectic grouping:
A ghoul in a graveyard at Laughlin, NV.
Sasquatch approaching me as I stand oblivious in my woods in Merlin, OR.
The lady violinist and friend statue in front of registration at Eldo in Reno.

There's more but who wants to look at that many pictures.
The point is: LIFE IS VERY GOOD... Enjoy and be thankful for each moment God gives you. I do and I am.
misterd51

PostPosted: May Fri 28, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, Good luck, what is your age now in softball years? misterd
remano

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, are you coming back for the Boneyard Blast tournament in July? Softball 24 hours a day could make for some interesting, make that brutal, scheduling.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20106110407
jerry

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: what a blast Reply with quote

Well, Remano, I don't know of the Boneyard Blast. It does sound intriguing. But thou dost giv these aging bones a bit too much credit. I don't believe that they are up to 24/7 softball.

I do have a busy schedule as well in July but if I should get to Reno (and I hope to) it will be for the drambling.

Thanks for thinking of me. I'll try to read up on this. Thanks for the reference.
hawk

PostPosted: Jun Sun 13, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: count me in Reply with quote

yeah, the boneyard blast does indeed sound like a "blast". I'll sponsor Jerry if he wants to go.
hawk

PostPosted: Jun Tue 15, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Boney Maroney Reply with quote

Hey, I'll even sponsor John in the Boneyard Blast.

Dem Bones, Dem bones, dem dry bones......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: