Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry's TR - Repost from Apr 05 (was archive # 34)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Jerry's TR - Repost from Apr 05 (was archive # 34) Reply with quote

A major highlight for me was dining twice with our illustrous moderator. But, John, I still think that I should have bought a ticket to cover all that food you carried home in the Cockatoo Bag.

John, don't read the rest of this.
For eyes of out of town board members only. You guys should meet John. He is a delight. But beware, the women love him and it makes guys around him feel inferior.

As I was departing Reno, I stopped for about 3 minutes to exercise my $15 Free Play and a couple bucks of my own on the VP machines at (cover your ears, Ali) the Peppermill. Boy, did the machines drain me fast!
Conversely, though, I probably earned a bunch of comps for my play.

As I reconstruct the trip, I feel an abject failure. I failed to experience either the Awful Awful Burger or the Down Home Green Chile Bowl.
Next trip, I will get my priorities straight.

And, congrats to John for being a big winner at Bingo at the Siena. Sure hope that covered the slot losses.

Funny thing: As I was departing Thursday morn, I ordered a drink at the bar. The Bartender kept staring and walking closer (not unusual since everyone stares at me) and finally leaned way over the bar to read my badge. He wanted to insure that my badge was still current. Then he brought my beer, ran it all over the bottle, counter, and me. Second time he had done that. The waitresses (who are great) were all scurrying around to get napkins. Dan just walked away without a word. That was the first time he did not get a buck for his trouble. Next trip, he may not earn many tips either.

And, no JD, I will not be tipping with two dollar bills.
BTW, Dan said that Mark had been gone for a long time. But, I don't totally trust him. Anyone who willingly spills good beer is not trustworthy in my book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: