Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will air fares affect your trips to Reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Jan Sun 24, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Will air fares affect your trips to Reno Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I'm finding that air fares may affect my travel to Reno this year. Hopefuuly the sales will come thru!
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jan Sun 24, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definately making an impact. Our annual April trip is encountering problems as the flights are simply too expensive. I'm a big Southwest fan from SEA-RNO but I found a $210 on Alaska to my surprise, a touch cheaper than SWA. I recall that last year around this time Southwest had a major SEA-RNO sale so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Several of my travelers are using frequent flyer miles and have told me they would not be going if not for the freebie travel.

It's difficult to argue for heading to Reno again when some of my guests see ads for air/hotel to Vegas for $58.

The other issue is the number of non-stop flights is so much less and the flight times are terrible and don't work with my schedule (leaving work on time to get to the airport and arriving with enough time to get to Roxy's Martini Bar at 4:30).

Furthermore, I'm not finding any hotel deals at this point. I'm just waiting until they release some Spring deals and hoping for the best.....
mjames1229

PostPosted: Jan Mon 25, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, just the opposite. Southwest Airlines is now flying into and out of Milwaukee, and we were able to purchase tickets for $99 each way ($232 total with all taxes and fees). We will be in Reno in May to bowl the USBC Nationals.

This is the lowest we paid for airfare since we started coming to Reno to bowl in 1995.
lvbear584

PostPosted: Jan Wed 27, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Makes no difference to me Reply with quote

Southwest has plenty of cheap flights from Las Vegas every day. I usually book my trips six months at a time, which is about as far ahead as Southwest permits, to take advantage of advance purchase prices. Six months worth is usually eight to twelve round trips, depending on the season.

---------------------------------

Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: www.TheBearGrowls.com
tatterdema

PostPosted: Feb Sun 14, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been to Reno in about a year and 1/2 because of high fares and lack of non stop SWA flights from Seattle. I used to come down once a month. I miss Reno, but I can fly to Vegas for $138-$158 RT, stay for less than $20 per night, and rent a car for $45 for 3 nights. I cant find flights to Reno for less than $200. No hotels for under $39, rental cars have gone up......

I was going to use my SWA credits, but the flight times just dont work for me, so it is back to Vegas again next month.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Mon 15, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Fares are up but..... Reply with quote

I am still coming down. And soon!

Southwest used to offer several nonstop flights to Reno from Seattle each day. Now there's just one or two. The price is way up too. Allegiant hasn't had any flights from Bellingham for the better part of a year. This is getting serious!

I find myself wishing Obama had put a couple billion into Reno. Rebuilding on the 1980's plan. Build it and they will come.

The above is just my out of context lusting. I'm not for this stimulus spending stuff anyway. Leave the tax dollars in the citizens pockets and tell them how good Reno really is. (Via this message board and other means). There's a plan that would (or could) work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: