Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 year trip! Wheres the Beef?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alison

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: 10 year trip! Wheres the Beef? Reply with quote

Ok... Here i go. First i am not a great writer. Never have been, never will. Smile I know how much we all love trip reports so i figured i better post.

We left my house at 4:00 a.m. on Thursday the 29th of September i believe. Drive down was pretty uneventful. It was good to catch up with my best friend. We have been friends since i was 5, and im now 38. I dont see her as much these days, especially since she started dating this super great guy a couple years ago and moved in with him. We arrived in Reno around 5:00 p.m. i believe. Used VIP check in and got our room in the Tuscany Tower. Had another room with a Veranda. Heres our view:

First things first, we made Margaritas and toasted to our ten year trip. We have vowed to do this until we no longer can.

So heres were i get kinda wishy washy. If im all over the place, well sorry. Too bad!!

That weekend at the Pep, they were having their Random Cash Giveaway. Prices ranged up to $5000 i believe. In all the years i have been going to the Pep, i never get picked for anything! Nothing! NAda! No big spin ever!! So right before a name is announced they place this music, and show on the tv screens that are all over the place, the amount they are giving away, then the name a short while later. While i was in the bathroom, one of these went off. I come out, and find Dawn who is freaking out. She says i won! Im like yeah sure. No really you won. I guess she was freaking out when they showed my name. People thought she was nuts. Lol.... So sure enough i actually was picked for something. Miracles do happen. Here is a picture of my name on the board. Whoo Hoo for me! I needed this. Had been loosing. Got me back in the game.

So that was the start of my mini winning streak. Shortly later, i decided to try this game, and hit this. Now i m really back in it.

So to kinda jump around, Dawns Boyfrienbd had text me on Friday the day after we arrived, asking me where we would want to eat if he was buying. So i said the Steakhouse. He made us a reservation for the next day. Well Saturday rolls around, and i get another text around 4:00. He's in Reno! At first i thought he was kidding. Nope! He was planning to suprise her and propose. We had it all worked out so her back would be facing the entrance. So at 8:00, we sit to eat. At 8:15, her he comes with 18 long stem roses in hand, dressed in a tux looking all sharp. Suprised the shit outta her. The whole restraunt clapped and it was pretty exciting. She already knew they were getting married and had picked out the ring. He just hadn't officially propsed to her. Its funny because on the drive down, we were talking and trying to figure out when he might do it. At dinner, i had ordered the prime rib. The smaller of the two mind you. When it arrived at my table, my jaw dropped. Holy piece of meat! the thing was huge! I took a picture but you really dont get the full jist of it.

So back to gambling. I went back into a loosing mod over the next couple of days. No suprise there. Thats usually how it goes. Dawn and i were playing Outback Jack one night and she gets the card bonus. She gets the progressive!!! We couldnt beleive it!

So i get my grove back on and get a few good hits to keep me going. Heres a couple.

Since i was doing good, i started playing big bets on Jade Monkey. I love this game!! For as big of some of my bets were, the bonus's werent as big as i hoped but still good. Yes im greedy!

So our next to last night while im playing this Jade Monkey, Dawn sits down on the other side of me, and plays Pyramid Of Kings. I never win on it. Shes betting $1.00 and yells through the machines that she just hit for $250.00...Shes all excited. Then about 30 seconds later, she yelss again. She was wrong, its not $250.00 its this:

For those of you who are old and cant read small print that says $2500.00. I could not believe it. This game has those cascading reels so the hit disapeared. I think it was all the wilds. Can you beleive that? On a $1.00 bet??

So thats all i can remember at this point. We were to be leaving on friday the 7th early in the morning initially. We got a wild hair and decided to leave thursday night, at midnight. We are insane i tell ya. I was driving first and we were just outside Susanville when i had to slam on the brakes. Deer just standing in the middle of the road. Scared the crap outta me. After traffic accident in Souther wa, we finally made it home around 2:00 to suprise our honeys. They didnt quite have the reaction we planned on which bummed us. Men!

The Peppermill is pretty much the same. They moved the Players Club booth down and too the left. Over before the high limit slot area. Carpeting has pretty much all been replaced. Same games for the most part, some of them have been moved. tried out the non smoking area which was so so. Too bad it isnt bigger. Any questions? Ask Away.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

Great report Alison! Those are some mighty nice wins. You did some serious playin' and winnin'! You gotta have a HUGE slab o' beef to keep goin' like that!

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great time!
alison

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dave! I forgot to add that we both came home winners. I ended up spending hardly any money on this trip. We had all our food comped. I earned 2150 points this trip. Dawn came home up aboout $2700 and earned 900 points. Hopefully my offers are even better for my next trip. At Bimini, they even have a bigger piece of Prime Rib. It was a bone in piece, and took up the whole plate. HUGE!!
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: awesome! Reply with quote

Hey Alison, thanks for the great trip report - I was wondering how you all did! Sounds and looks like you had a great one! Jeez, not used to seeing all those jackpots on the multiliners, good for you all! Aristocrat machines rule!

It's great seeing that the Easy Money Random Jackpots isn't just a hoax, and people really do win.

Did you all wind up going to Tahoe as well or did you skip that over?

Oh yeah, the prime rib looks great!

Well, I'm anxiously awaiting my trip which begins on Friday morning, day after tomorrow. Unfortunately, my dad got diagnosed with pneumonia in his right lung last week and even after several rounds of antibiotics, he couldn't kick it, so unfortunately my folks won't be making it out here : ( Since I already took time off from work I decided I'm still going solo. Wound up cancelling my reservations at the Pep and moving everything downtown to Harrah's because it's totally comped. I am planning on swinging by the Pep to see if my $75 of free play can get me anywhere, but I think my main focus is going to be trying to roll over to Platinum level with Total Rewards. This might be my last trip of the year so I'm gonna charge it.

Glad you had a great one!

Mammothgambler
Zydeco

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the photos! Thanks for the report.....lucky!
alison

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mammoth-
I forgot to add this in my trip report but my friend came down with a bad cold while we were down there. Her boyfriend not only gave her a ring but a cold! She had such a bad cough. We decided not to go to tahoe since she was sick and the weather was kinda nasty.

Sorry to hear your dad is sick. Sad Good luck at Harrahs. I havent been in there forever. We were going to go downtown but never made it out of the Peppermill. Imagine that. ha!

Yes people really do win on those easy money jackpots. Im so glad i got picked for a good amount. I would have been bummed if it was $100.00....as stated before, im greedy!

Will be watching out for your trip report. How many days will you be there?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: ...To drink and to gamble, in sickness and in health... Reply with quote

Outrageous trip report! And so well photo-documented...never, ever hold back on us again!

Great stuff, and congratulations to Dawn on that big score!

(I mean, for her engagement, not her slot wins....or do I mean the slot wins? Gee, she did well on this trip!)
alison

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan-
I think she scored all around. Smile

Do you all like pictures? I always take photos of my wins for another board i visit. Slotmachineforums.com Pretty cool site if anyone is interested. People post trip reports, photos of wins, and what not. You all should check it out.

Im not good at remembering all the details but i hope its enough to satisfy you all.

Alison
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Alison! Sorry to hear about your friend's cold. Lotsa funk going on around these parts as well! But, I'm sure you did the right thing by staying at the Pep - I lost so bad at Harvey's last trip, Tahoe might be on hold for awhile!

For my upcoming trip, I'm getting there around 12 noon on Friday and coming back Monday afternoon. Trying to divvy up the bankroll so I don't get in trouble!

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: