Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cube Bar (Peppermill) Ripoff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: Aug Sat 07, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Cube Bar (Peppermill) Ripoff Reply with quote

I recently noticed that the video poker machines at the Cube Bar have joined the Sports Book Bar in paying only 1500 credits for a royal flush at the nickel level, with 5 credits played (at least on the three machines I checked). Previously they paid the standard 4000 for 5 credits played. Other bars were not affected (yet), so keep an eye on those pay tables and let management know of your displeasure.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Aug Sat 07, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. I guess they have to pay for all that groovy neon and the ensuing electric bill somehow...
stoneman

PostPosted: Aug Sat 07, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Management sees me as an idiot Reply with quote

An insidious ripoff. They think most of us don't notice.
When they opened the Sports Bar, even the quarters had this. Also last time I checked the Oceano Bar had 1500 on the quarters.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Sat 07, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this in other places, such as Lake Tahoe and Lauglin and I am sure in Las Vegas too. Not just at nickel level - but quarters and dollars are being hit with this airborne disease. I am afraid it might catch on like the 6:5 BJ that people play.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Mon 09, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Don't combine these two words; results may be much worse... Reply with quote

To that I would add, Yuck, and Feh. (but not both at the same time, inadvertent consonant-switcheroo could lead to embarrassing results)

Last time I was at Cal-Neva, they too had the insidious and horrible social disease known as 6:5 Blackjack - Cal-Neva's my all-time favorite, but that was a highly disagreeable blemish on an otherwise outstanding record of providing quality Blackjack for the low-roller!
Ryder

PostPosted: Aug Thu 19, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad to say that I love the Cube bar (my favorite)

love to sit there, play VP, drink, watch my keno tickets, and drink more.

I have not noticed the pay schedule changes, however I usually play $1 level (or 25 cent level if the gambling gods do not like me)

I do notice that many patrons play the 5 cent VP while sitting at the bar and either have no clue or just do not care
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Thu 19, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: So sad Reply with quote

I think the reasoning behind the terrible payouts at the cube bar is they converted it to a "progressive" system. I have noticed a progressive payout only on 4 deuces in deuces wild. I like to play dimes 10 at a time, so of course, they removed the dime option at the cube bar. As a result, I removed myself from the cube bar.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Fri 20, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: I had it fixed Reply with quote

I went to the Peppermill and checked out the Cube Bar. The royal is now full pay with 5 or more coins in. At least, the machine I played was. The 4 deuces progressive is well over $900. I hit 4 deuces, but on Bonus Poker Deluxe. It paid $100 instead of $900 because I'm too stupid to play the right game.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Sat 21, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Cube bar Reply with quote

I hit my Royal at the Cube Bar last year in November. I love that bar! John don't let them screw around with it. You're Mr. Reno, they'll listen to you!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Sun 22, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played at the Cube Bar a few weeks ago, and there was not a progressive on the deuces- must be new. They always offered a great version of deuces wild- that is the 99.73% game. Did they change the paytable? If they still have the same paytable and offer a progressive, that would be a really great play! Normally on a 5 coin bet, the hit of 4 deuces would pay $250- but if the progressive is over $900 would be more than 3 times the normal pay!

We all should be over there playing that game.... and getting a few beers. Cool
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Sun 22, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Not quite the same paytables Reply with quote

The only difference I noticed on the progressive deuces is a full house pays 15 instead of 20 for 5 coins. There may be other differences I missed, so next time in the Pep, I'll look closer.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Sun 22, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the paytable that has been at the cube bar for years. This is for a single coin: 1-2-3-4-4-10-16-25-200-800

They also offered bonus deuces wild in the vp mix.
remano

PostPosted: Aug Mon 23, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: I had it fixed Reply with quote

john wrote:
I went to the Peppermill and checked out the Cube Bar. The royal is now full pay with 5 or more coins in. At least, the machine I played was. The 4 deuces progressive is well over $900. I hit 4 deuces, but on Bonus Poker Deluxe. It paid $100 instead of $900 because I'm too stupid to play the right game.

John,

Check the 5 cent pay table. Those are the short pay games. The quarter and higher denominations are unaffected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: