Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Reno Quickee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Mon 19, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: A Reno Quickee Reply with quote

I got up Thursday morning, looked at my calendar list, and saw I had nothing I had to due until 4 PM on Saturday. I decided that maybe I could make a quick solo trip to Reno about 10 AM. I called and made a reservation at the Peppermill for Friday night, and the Sands for Thurs. night ("see you in a few hours"). The Sands offer was kind of strange, they gave me two free nights and $20 in free play, but only if you prove you are staying there. Yes, they will pay you to stay at the Sands. Shocked I also had $75 in free play at the Peppermill.

My first stop was the Gold Ranch and a quick look at the Bonnie and Clyde death car, a cold drink and $20 gone through the machines. I then stopped at the Gold Dust West to try my luck at the coin dropping pick'em poker machines-- another $20 gone. I then made it to the Sands and checked in. I was surprised at how busy this place was...it was packed as they had some kind of locals drawing. It looks like the Sands is really doing promotions and getting people in the door. I was told the hotel was totally booked for Friday night. I actually had some luck here and won about $150. I also had a woman with one tooth (a real good one I might add), try to hustle me. Confused No thanks. My room at the Sands was really pretty nice.

I headed over to the Peppermill on Friday morning and played video poker for probably 14 hours. I stayed up way too late on Friday night...err. Saturday morning listening to the band, Cool and was afraid I was not going to make it home by 4 PM, as I really slept in. I guess at this point I should report on my dining experience. I hate to tell you, but I did very poor with my dining. I had the $2.50 hot dog/soda special at the Sands for my dinner on Thursday. Friday, no breakfast, I had a sandwich at the sports deli for lunch, and dinner was the free appetizer at the Fireside Lounge. That was my dining, except for natures finest nourishment- a glass of beer. I am no expert on nutrition, but I believe beer has all the food groups covered- water, alcohol, taste and calories. I also got a little citrus with the beer, orange slice on my Blue Moon, and a lime in my Corona, but I don't think that counts.

That is about it. I won at the Sands, and lost at the Peppermill. When I got home I counted my money, and found it cost me $80 not counting the gas. Not bad for two days of fun.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Mon 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Ships that pass in the night Reply with quote

Wow, Swede, our paths crossed. I left the Pep about 1 pm Friday. Wish I could have had a beer with you - even though I generally don't have one before hitting the road home. But exceptions can be made for friends. Glad you had a nice trip.
We had the lunch buffet and it was awful. I could never understand anyone liking the Pep buffet. IMO, it has always sucked. So your food consumption sounds preferable.
My free play there was 30 bucks, or two minutes on video poker at the faggot bar. BTW, he has changed his name tag. Does he wear his "boy friend's" name or what? Neither name suits him.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Tue 20, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Ol' Chomper Reply with quote

Swede, That's a perfect last-minute getaway, there - but I think what we all want to hear more about is the one-tooth woman and her scam!
JD

PostPosted: Apr Tue 20, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Trip Title? Reply with quote

So THAT story would be:

"The Reno Quickie and the One Tooth Woman Hustle?"
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 20, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Was it Confucius who said: Reply with quote

A tooth can be worth a thousand words.

Or maybe he said, "A tooth can be worth a thousand SWORDS".
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Wed 21, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry- I had no idea you were still in town. I could have made an attempt to find you if I had known. Faggot bar? I know where the cleavage bar is, but I don't remember seeing your "friend" bartender.

O.K. the Mono tooth hustle? I am not really sure what the final pitch was going to be, but it involved getting into my wallet for sure. She came up to me while I was playing, and mentioned something about her PIN number not working, so she did not have funds to play next to me. With some small talk, and some questions for me, she asked if I was staying at the hotel? Yes....... Are you staying with your wife? No- I am here by myself. She then said she would be back in a few minutes, and would I still be here? She left, and I got up and hid. She came up to me about an hour later and asked if she was talking to me over there a little while ago? Me- " You must have me mixed up with someone else." That was the end of that.... whew. Maybe she was trying to secure funds for a Tijuana dentist visit?
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Wed 21, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: The Cowardly Lion Roars - NOT Reply with quote

Wow, Swede, that was a cowardly act on your part. Wink
You had an excellent opportunity to witness to this unfortunate person. Surprised

Nevertheless, a funny story. Thanks for sharing. I never have that kind of luck. All the women that "hit on me" are too young, gorgeous, and expensive.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: I'm sorry; do I know you and your tooth? Reply with quote

Thanks for 'fleshing out' those details; that's good stuff!

I love your closer, "You must have been talking to someone else" - nothing like beating 'em at their own headgames.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Stan speaketh the unspoken untruth,methinks Reply with quote

Sorry, Stan, but I have met, imbibed with, dined with, and even gambled and gamboled with, the Swedish One. Even a toothless lady of the night would find him "memorable".

But, it was clever ploy to say, "no", without hurting her feelings.
I too applaud the tactful way in which he let her down gracefully.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 23, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: There is some truth to it Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
I never have that kind of luck. All the women that "hit on me" are too young, gorgeous, and expensive.

The above statement is mostly true. The inaccuracy lies in the "expensive" part. Those women not only offer themselves to Jerry for free, but offer to buy him dinner and a show. Those of you who know Jerry understand why this is so. The man is a god. I don't understand how he has the will power to turn them down.

About the one tooth woman: I know her. It's a false tooth that she had custom made at no small expense. I'm pretty sure I paid for part of it.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like quite the winning trip Swede, and fun at that. Oh, and you can absolutely count the citrus as fruit for your nutrional requirements for the day.

"faggot" Jerry? I didn't know people still used that word, or maybe it's just people I would listen to.
remano

PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since "faggot" is (or at least once was) a legitimate Old English word meaning a bundle of sticks used for firewood or a burning log, I'm assuming he might just be referring to the Fireside Lounge.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: To each his own response. Reply with quote

Great response, Remano. Those who have spent any time at the Pep should know the bar of which I speak. It is blatantly obvious.

As for John, methinks "White Man speak with forked tongue".
Not surprising since I frequently have to remind you to put your tongue back in your mouth.

Can't wait to hear BCDs trip report and see his pictures. Wish I coulda been there. Guess I should have since we just broke a 100+ year record for rainfall here in So OR.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: There is some truth to it Reply with quote

john wrote:
Those women not only offer themselves to Jerry for free, but offer to buy him dinner and a show. Those of you who know Jerry understand why this is so. The man is a god. I don't understand how he has the will power to turn them down.

About the one tooth woman: I know her. It's a false tooth that she had custom made at no small expense. I'm pretty sure I paid for part of it.

I have seen Jerry in action, and he is smoooooth. One gal claimed to Jerry's wife that she thought he was sexy! I don't know how he does it...... I just seem to attract those with major parts missing. Speaking of that, John perhaps you should chip in for a 2nd tooth? It would improve the beauty of the city of Reno.

And thanks Reno Lady for the health reassurance about the fruit. I have not had a case of scurvy since I started drinking beer.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 28, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Taking the bar exam Reply with quote

The "faggot" of which Jerry speaks has changed names on his badge. When I asked him which name he preferred, he replied, "Call me anything you like". I called him Nancy.

Swede, I also met a woman who claimed to be Jerry's wife. Turns out she is his wife.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: