Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off we go!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenoLady

PostPosted: Feb Fri 19, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Off we go! Reply with quote

Everyone is so excited about going to Reno. It's been a while since we've stayed downtown, and we're going to do it the old fashioned way, visiting all the downtown properties, then hitting up the out-lying areas. Kansas City brother wants to see Tahoe Saturday, but I'm hoping the weather says "no" with the passes requiring chains. Tahoe may be pretty, but it doesn't have the $3 Cal-Neva BJ, or the Nugget burger, or Brew Brothers, or the interesting "characters" for that matter.

We have just Friday and Saturday booked at Harrah's, but I'm bringing flyers from Circus ($25 room/$25 freeplay); Peppermill ($39); and Sierra (free) for Sunday night. I hate that parking lot the pass becomes Sunday with bad weather and drivers, maybe we should just stay over.....
remano

PostPosted: Feb Sun 21, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Off we go! Reply with quote

RenoLady wrote:
*** for Sunday night. I hate that parking lot the pass becomes Sunday with bad weather and drivers, maybe we should just stay over.....

Well,... looking out the window this morning, with about a foot of new snow on the ground and still falling, I'm guessing it's a pretty good bet you're staying over. Enjoy the extra night!!!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Sun 21, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Oh, just a few flurries Reply with quote

Oh, Remano is exagerating. So we had a few flurries.

Here's a picture I posted during last December's snow...

Here's a similar picture taken today...

Here's Charlie hiding from the snow...

So yeah, a foot is about right and it's still coming down, with scattered snow showers throughout the day.

Enjoy your extended stay, RL!

Last edited by john on Feb Sun 21, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
JD

PostPosted: Feb Sun 21, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Snow way I'm drivin there Reply with quote

Gee John...that's a mighty long driveway you gotta shovel.

If anyone's interested, I had to mow my lawn (for the second time in ten days) since it's over 60 degrees and sunny. And that's in rainy Portland.

Maybe later, I'll drink some watered down bourbon and toss a half dozen twenty dollar bills in my wood stove to make it FEEL like Reno.

BTW, what's in that white canister under Charlie's rear end? It's white, it looks like vitrious china...is it a parrot potty?
remano

PostPosted: Feb Sun 21, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh, just a few flurries Reply with quote

john wrote:
Oh, Remano is exagerating. So we had a few flurries.
...!

Measure it how you will. ... I'm still thinking of calling in "sick" tomorrow, not for "drambling" but just to take advantage of that season pass I have.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Sun 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow way I'm drivin there Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Gee John...that's a mighty long driveway you gotta shovel.

BTW, what's in that white canister under Charlie's rear end? It's white, it looks like vitrious china...is it a parrot potty?

Yeah, like I'm gonna shovel it. I have a Jeep that packs it down nicely.

Charlie's standing on a coffee canister. I can't figure out how he climbs up a ceramic container.

Remano, I'm not sure it's a good idea to post your intentions on the Internet before calling in sick. I hope you know a good lawyer...oh, wait...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: