Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Tahoe trip in the books

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Feb Wed 17, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Another Tahoe trip in the books Reply with quote

I see not too many trip reports lately, so I will add one myself. My wife and I headed to South Shore Lake Tahoe for a two night visit (Feb 11 & 12). I had some free rooms at MontBleu and free play....so why not?

I have been driving up Hwy 50 for years, and decided to stop for the first time at the Strawberry Lodge for lunch. What an interesting old school lodge. They have lots of old memorabilia and lots of charm. We had lunch there (12 noon), and we the only customers the entire time. Oh, they did have two other "customers"...... just needed to use the bathroom. Smile I hope they can survive.

The Tahoe trip was a lot of fun as always. We walked down to the Lakeside Inn for some vp and a Moose Drool on tap.. Yum. We then heading over to Harvey's where I ran through my $25 in free play, and then over the Harrah's to listen to the live music. It was getting late, and my wallet was taking a beating, so off to bed.

We spent most of Friday playing at MontBleu and paying for our free room. The highlight of my play was sitting down at a video poker machine and getting dealt a straight flush, and then 5 hands later getting dealt four 8's. However, the rest of the day was not too good. I gave them a lot of play, and entered the nightly drawing and was shocked to hear my name called. Shocked Oh yea! I won $750 in free play at the drawing!

Redemption!! The drawing brought me back on the positive side of the ledger sheet for the trip. Whew. Saturday morning we headed out early and were home shortly after lunch.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Feb Wed 17, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so you CAN win on the drawings. Nice.

I always wondered about the Strawberry lodge; now that Pauli's is new ownership, and a little flat, we'll have to give them a try.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Mon 22, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: congrats Reply with quote

Congrats CaSwede and thanks for the trip report! Sounds like you had a great trip and I gotta admit I think you're the first person I've bumped into that's won anything at MontBleu! I haven't been to Tahoe yet this season, shockingly enough, but might hit it up this weekend.

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: