Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virginia City questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuanBlase

PostPosted: Oct Thu 15, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Virginia City questions Reply with quote

Hello all and thank you in advance for any replies.

I was thinking of going to Virginia City, sans Reno, the weekend of the 24th. I have not been in about 15 years, and that weekend is my b-day.

Wondering if this would be ok, given the storm that has just passed through, and also if this is even a good time of year to visit. I dont really care if the town is running at 100% so long as there is still a bit to see and do.

Can anybody who is familiar with that area tell me if it is a good idea to go check it out, or would I be best waiting till next year?

I am going in a SUV, non 4x4 if that helps with the decision.

Again thank you for any and all help!
Obijuankenobe

PostPosted: Oct Fri 16, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Virginia City Reply with quote

Virginia City's forcast for next weekend-Sat oct 24-Sun-oct 25 shows sunny and 63 degree temps for highs upper 30's for lows. It should be a nice weekend. Take a jacket for the evenings. The color of the fall leaves in the mts. should be at thier peak.
remano

PostPosted: Oct Fri 16, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather can always change, but right now it's warmed up quite a bit since the storm. Snow probably will not be a problem.

Many attractions are still open this time of year. More details here:

http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/

Consider a train trip on the newly restored V&T Railroad. It seems kind of expensive to me but the couple I know who have taken it said it was a great trip. They are huge train fans, though, so are probably not an unbiased reference. More details here:

http://www.vtrailway.com/
JuanBlase

PostPosted: Oct Fri 16, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies, most helpful and much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: