Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Madness update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave

PostPosted: Mar Mon 13, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ben what do you think of the brackets? Tons of great games! Bama is in so you have to love that. I think the Huskies will have a tough draw if they can beat Utah St., Illinios should be a doozie. What a great time. Have you heard from anyone else about meeting for a beverage? Very Happy
Bama

PostPosted: Mar Tue 14, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not heard from anyone else.
I think there will be a ton of close games- not many upsets in conference tourneys so some of the 13,14,15 seeds are really good. Example Winthrop is a 15 and only a 7 point underdog to a 2 in Tennessee.

Huskies should be ok if they stay tight on "D" State has the best fg% in the nation. Huskies should score enough and they have the superstar in Roy. I love tourney teams that make you play their style and have a superstar!

Very excited for Bama - I think they can pull it off. They are only 2 point underdogs as a 10 seed.

Maybe we meet up Thursday evening. Huskies play at 6:00 - where you guys plan on watching that one.

Ben
mustangmike

PostPosted: Mar Tue 14, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bama and Dave. Well just a couple more days. Me and my buddy will be at Cal-Neva all day. The first game starts at 9:20. We're planning to get there pretty early, so if either of you need some chairs saved, or want to sit with us, let me know.
The only thing that is worrying me is the weather. Not sure how you're getting to Reno, but we're driving. Its been snowing lots, but it looks like there might be a break late Wednesday.

See you there,
Mike
Dave

PostPosted: Mar Tue 14, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best time of the year boys! Yeah, I have to talk to my other buddies and see where they are planning on watching the games. If you guys let me know where you will be I will definitely come and find you for a beverage. Mike I know that Ben likes to set up shop at the Cal Neva for the day and that is one fun atmosphere. Thanks for offering to save a seat. Do you have a team that you will be rooting for? How will we know it is MustangMike? I was actually thinking of heading to the Hilton for one of the days. What time do you get in Mike? Have a SAFE drive.
Ben yell at me cause I don't think I will recognize you unless you are dressed in your Bama gear! Smile
This could definitely be the tournament of the underdogs. Lots of great match ups. I think either Ohio St. or Tenn. are going to get upset. Then again I could always change my mind......
mustangmike

PostPosted: Mar Wed 15, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, if you or Ben come by Cal-Neva, I sgouldn't be too hard to find. We'll get there about 7am Thurs. We usually sit in the middle of the room. They usually have an aisle/walkway going down the middle of the room to the betting windows. We probably will be sitting next to the aisle, so it is easier to get in and out to make bets. I'll be wearing a red and black Honeywell racing style jacket, and if I know my friened, he'll be in something San Diego Padres.
As for a team, I always root, and unfortunately bet, on the under dogs. Maybe this will the year of the dogs.

See you there,
Mike
Bama

PostPosted: Mar Wed 15, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will find you Mike as I get to the Cal Neva early too. I like to sit facing the snack bar where the 4 tv's are on the wall. I too try and get there early as there is a big group of guys who come to that same section every year. If my spot is full I will catch ya in the middle. I will be there around 7:45am.
We are flying in.
Bama

PostPosted: Mar Wed 15, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

i will definitely stop ya when I see you. And Thursday I will have my grey Bama sweatshirt on. Even if they lose!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: