Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You've seen the trailer, now see the report.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 25, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Been there, done that Reply with quote

Yeah, JD. I was in the marines for 4 years. I got beaten in boot camp, fed the fish for a month on a slow boat to Vietnam, got arrested for driving a stolen jeep while under the influence of alcohol, lost too many bar fights, sewed stripes on all my shirts just to cut them off later and crawled over barbed wire on my belly.

Then I met the sockmonkey, who didn't think about doing all that stuff you mentioned until she found out I made her beneficiary of my life insurance policy. Since all the flying and sliding didn't kill me, she now wakes me up at 5:00 am (yes that's 5:00 in the MORNING) to go for long walks on short piers while blindfolded. Oh, please hang me from a wire over a deep canyon.
stoneman

PostPosted: Nov Tue 25, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: J AND J'S VERY EXCELLENT ADVENTURE --- NOT Reply with quote

Gentlemen, haven't read recently of your backgrounds, as well as your recent activities, I hereby "retrieve the gauntlet" I cast at your feet and respectfully offer to buy you a round in the Far Side when we first meet.

(But don't make me mad again....)
sockmonkey

PostPosted: Nov Wed 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Been there, done that Reply with quote

THat's me, I am guilty as accused.. Don't tell John but I took out a life insurance policy on him. It has a Double indemnity clause, now if i can just get a flock of gesse flying west during a sand storm on the third monday of the month ending in s to drop a large pile of "what geese do best" ending his life . I will be set for life, a big pile of dough will come my way. With the high price of bread these days I could sell them on the black market for a lot...
After a few walks with me he'll wish he was back in the Marines....
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Thu 27, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Ewwwww Reply with quote

Damn, Monkey, that's a sh*tty way to go. If you need enough money to be set for life without making bread, let me know. I have $6.43 that should help out a lot.

And I'm starting to miss the marines already.
hawk

PostPosted: Nov Thu 27, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: MONKEY, MONKEY, MONKEY (AHH, that felt good) Reply with quote

Hey, Monkey,
Seriously (rare for me), I used to know an older guy who was living in Nazi Germany before the war. He told me of literally pushing a wheelbarrow of cash down the street just to buy a loaf of bread.
The value of cash declined constantly and it was nearly worthless.
sockmonkey

PostPosted: Nov Thu 27, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: wheel barrels of cash. Reply with quote

So .. that wasn't John was it?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Fri 28, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: A cry for help Reply with quote

Oh, will someone PLEASE help get this monkey off my back?
hawk

PostPosted: Nov Fri 28, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: AN EARLIER TIME Reply with quote

FunkeySock, I understand your confusion re John. Actually he WAS there but it was during the time of Kaiser Wilhelm. I am told that he has first hand knowledge of both Trench Warfare and Trench Foot.
sockmonkey

PostPosted: Nov Fri 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way he's complaing,you might not know he's ejoying every minute of my torturing him...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: