Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROYAL FLIGHT OF THE HAWK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk

PostPosted: Sep Mon 22, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: ROYAL FLIGHT OF THE HAWK Reply with quote

My first TR for awhile. Great trip. Not much in construction delays -- for a change. Weather fine. Where So NV is in 100s (Laughlin), we had 40 degrees on way home thru No CA.

Tried Atlantis again, first time in long while. I really DISLIKE that place. I want to like it but can't find a reason. Pool is nice though but not nice enough to make us stay there again. They never offer FREE rooms, just 2 for 1 plus energy charge, tax, etc. All irritating. Checkin is lousy.
Offer in wife's name, I made the phone call. She stood in line a long time, I went to bathroom, they wouldn't let her check in without me. Crazy and bad PR.
Second wait in line, then room not ready. Finally settled on a room behind the elevator. Hey, one nite was comped. What can I expect???
Oh yes, they wanted an extra $100 plus for concierge room which still isn't up to standards of our next stop.

Well, I expect service like the Pep and a room like the Tuscan Suites. All fully comped. Checkin immediate thru VIP. Room ready. Wow. Forget the Atlantis.

Gambling not great here but I like the place.
Great steakhouse dinner, lobster with John. They are closing this place soon and replacing with Chinese. Well, why not since we have sold out our nation to the Chinese?
(Short political aside: Folks, please vote for CHANGE, not for McSame).

Checked out the Underground Magic Show (again with John). Pretty good.

I like to play at Eldo. Best comps I think except that they don't offer me enough room deals.
During trip, I was dealt 4 to the Royal on 8 occasions without hitting a Royal. Bummer. Crying or Very sad
Then dealt a bust hand, tossed all 5 cards away, hit the draw button, and up popped a royal in Spades. Wow, shock me. Only my second Royal EVER in Reno in spite of playing 4-5 days a month. (first here in 2 1/2 years)
At least covered my losses this trip. Still way in hole for the year.

Tried to start home but wife wouldn't leave. Hey, she didn't even want to come to Reno. What gives? Well, what gave was the VP machine.
She only plays one coin (25 cents) but she hit 4 Aces for 60 bucks. Shortly after, she hit them again. (I didn't hit them all week playing 5 quarters).
She got into an altercation with an insensitive drug addict (read smoker) and left the good machine. I too was bothered by the smoke so likewise departed. Plopped down in the other bar and my wife immediately drew 3 Aces on the deal and showed them to me. I laughed. She didn't even know she hit the draw button. Surprise? Up popped the 4th Ace.

Wow, talk about luck. Three times within an hour or so. Me: NEVER.
She was still a loser for the week but not nearly so bad as it had been.

Tuscany still great except they want to keep the water clean in the new pool before they close it very soon. So you can't use it. Looks good though.
Actually you can go in on WEEKENDS only until it closes shortly.

Great drinks and service at the Pep.
As the Terminator said: "I'll be back"!!!
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Sep Mon 22, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great trip. At least you didn't lose to much. Very Happy

Can't wait to go to Reno next month!!!

Erin
hawk

PostPosted: Sep Mon 22, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: ME TOO, ERIN Reply with quote

Likewise for me, but mine may just be a "passing through" trip. Still, I will then again "pass through" upon my return.

Now I just gotta figger out how to do a repeat. Smile
stoneman

PostPosted: Sep Mon 22, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: I GOTTA SAY THIS ABOUT THAT Reply with quote

Mr. Hawk:
You are indeed the man!!!!!!!!
Nice win. Gives hope to the rest of us.

Is that really you in the avatar. It looks more like me. (except for the hair) Very Happy

Keep up the "soaring" as you put it.

How do you score those fantastic rooms in the Tuscany?? Good job!!!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Tue 23, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Spare Change (You can believe in) Reply with quote

I concur that the Atlantis, while it appears to have all the right parts, is just not a great machine.

Don't let the demands of the restaurant market obfuscate your logic - if change is change merely for the sake of change, then all you'll have will be spare change. (By the way, I'm still waiting to see a panhandler with a sign saying, "Spare change you can believe in?" - it probably already exists, and I just missed it.)

But much more important is the action, and you have done very well, and we thank you for your fine reporting. I bet I'd have lost track if I had that many near-Royals - after five or so, disgust would prevent accurate counting!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Tue 23, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Way to go Jerry! Reply with quote

That's a cool way to get a Royal. I've heard it was possible. It also vindicates Video Poker as a game you can win at long after your mental acuity drowns. Hawk I had to scroll down as soon as I saw your gross-out Avatar had returned. I hope the first part of your trip report doesn't contain anything I need to know.

Last edited by BC Dave on Sep Tue 23, 2008 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obijuankenobe

PostPosted: Sep Tue 23, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you had problems at the Atlantis. I was there fri 19th-mon 22nd. and had no problems. (Yes TR coming).

What time of day did you go thru check-in? Also there was rumors of an ICE raid saturday at the property and 65% of the maids and restraunt staff did not show up. Also for future reference for anybody that goes there, ask for city side. There is nothin like 3 elevators rumblin up and down at 3am. These room numbers end in 37-avoid at all cost.
hawk

PostPosted: Sep Tue 23, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the responses. Reply with quote

Dave, I may "steal" your avatar next.

Obi: I think we checked in around 2 pm.
ICE raid, hunh? glad I got my "wife" out of there in time. Confused

By the way, I got one of them fancy parking tickets at the Pep as I went to the car to load up for trip home. Security was walking by as I pulled it from the windshield and showed him my legitimate parking tag (which was NOT on the mirror as it should have been). He immediately replied: Sir, I didn't put that there.

I am seriously impacting their computer records with my vast array of parking violations. But if they add any more "Players levels" above me, they'll move me to another floor anyway.

Stan: Not to obfuscate your befuddled tomfoolery, but I kept track by reviewing my pictures upon returning home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: