Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Recent trip to The Castle...Yes its still my Castle...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PEB

PostPosted: Aug Fri 15, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alison for the great trip report and photos!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Mon 18, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Tanqueray, tomorrow, and the next day... Reply with quote

I, too, am in awe at the depth and complexity of this trip report.

The minibar pic really does say it all - and most of those bottles look pretty full - if that's the amount you require for just a short getaway, then my hat's off to you!
ErininSD

PostPosted: Aug Mon 18, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF, I didn't get a robe and I love robes...arghhh! Crap, I didn't even get a a hair dryer...LOL

OH and I left a $5 for the maid on the first day and asked her for extra soaps and bath gel (I loved the smell of the bath gel) and I got squat! After that I didn't tip the beeaatch.

We loved the room but hated the light switches...LOL

We were on the same side of the tower as you, we were in 81611, a little bit further down the hall than your room.

I agree the construction noise was a distraction while at the pool and didn't make it very relaxing.

The new tower area isn't like the Peppermill, but I on the other hand liked it because it was a bit more serene and not so "in your face"...LOL The walk does suck though.

Next time you go w/hubby, use his card for the room and use your card to get comps for food. On our trip LIR was able to get $100 bucks comped off with his play, so our total trip was only $100. But it still pissed me off that I couldn't get any additional comps, especially since I played alot more than he did.
alison

PostPosted: Aug Mon 18, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin,
Yeah the light switches were a pain werent they? They took awhile to get used to.

My husband and i have a joint account. Arent you on a joint account as well?
ErininSD

PostPosted: Aug Mon 18, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, LIR and I aren't married, so no joint account.

You can ask that your accounts be split, I honestly think it would be better in the long run. One can go into the "hole" for the rooms, while the other one gets food comps.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Tue 19, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Tipper Rarely Reply with quote

That business about leaving tips for housekeeping raises a good point, namely, does anyone do this? It seems that every travel site makes it a point to say how much better your housekeeping service will be if you leave a few bucks on the pillow.
On the other hand, every travel resource likes to promote local tipping, which, taken to its logical extreme, becomes absurd.

So, old farts - who among us does this, and of those that do, has it been worthwhile, or is it just another drain for our money?
Ryder

PostPosted: Aug Tue 19, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: To Tip or Not to Tip....that is the question Reply with quote

I usually tip the maids......just because I would really hate to do there jobs

Have I seen better service from the tips......not really

However, I have left notes w/tip asking for extra coffee, towels, water, etc. etc and almost always get what I asked for.

The one thing that irks me often is when I leave loose change or even some singles lying around (usually next to other items) and the maids think it is tip money and take it all
garyandsharon

PostPosted: Aug Wed 20, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do tip housekeeping staff. It has got to be back breaking work. Not to mention a nasty job. Room after room. Lord only knows what they find and see.
ErininSD

PostPosted: Aug Wed 20, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tip, but then I think if every room they cleaned tipped they'd probably be making more money than me...LOL

In all honesty, I think the tipping has gotten out of hand. I hope someone tips me next time I approve their loan...LOL
alison

PostPosted: Aug Wed 20, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr frined always likes to tip. We dont usually have our room cleaned everyday though. Not to mention she is pretty messy. She pre-cleans the room for housekeeping...lol
seattlerocks

PostPosted: Aug Wed 20, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fantastic trip report! Really enjoyed the photos. We haven't been back to Reno since our bad experience at the Fitz. We used to go a few times each year. Maybe we will try your "castle" next time, or drive over to Tahoe.

We have always tipped the maids because it seems like such a hard job, and don't have any complaints about the service at the Fitz - that seems to be the one thing they still do well Very Happy

Did you get to play Pinball??
alison

PostPosted: Aug Thu 21, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattlerocks,
You remember me and my Pinball...lol...No i did not this trip actually. THis trip was kinda a bummer gambling wise. I could not afford the $1.00 slots this time around. Crying or Very sad

Alison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: