Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pizza Lovers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: Feb Thu 09, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Pizza Lovers Reply with quote

Two new pizza restaurants have opened in downtown Reno in recent weeks. Blind Onion Pizza & Pub is at East Second and Lake Street, about two blocks off Virginia St. behind Harrah's. Reno Pizza is on West Second street, mid-block between Virginia and Sierra.

I can tell you from personal experience that Blind Onion pizza is excellent, with many combinations that you won't find at the big chains. I haven't checked out Reno Pizza yet, but I know they have a more varied menu in addition to pizza.

If you want go a little farther, there is also Blue Moon Pizza on California near where South Sierra intersects. This is also excellent pizza that you won't get from the big chains.
hawk

PostPosted: Feb Fri 10, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: pizza lovers Reply with quote

remano,
thanks for the heads up on these places. I was just noticing the Blind Onion from my room at Siena couple days ago.
I can't place the Blue Moon. Where do Sierra and Calif meet? Is that just a few blocks south of the river near downtown?. Would that be in the big curve on Calif just below the river?
remano

PostPosted: Feb Fri 10, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: pizza lovers Reply with quote

hawk wrote:
remano,
Where do Sierra and Calif meet?

Roughly 4 blocks south of the river and a long block west of South Virginia. The blocks and intersections in that area are not uniform so everything's approximate. Sierra becomes Plumas on the other side of California.

Blue Moon is in the same building as the Satellite Lounge, which is a great hangout for the younger set.
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Fri 10, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Remano - I look forward to trying the Blind Onion- nothing like pizza and a brew- all in walking distance from downtown - I like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: