Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR - March 31-April 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: TR - March 31-April 3 Reply with quote

Great rooms as always. Drank a few beers. Had a great time.
Finally got the elusive royal I've chased for over two years in Reno.
Had 4 Aces twice, 4 wild deuces, and many 4 OAK.

Had a few laughs at the Veteran's Hospital. One doctor quote was great: "You mean you want me to put THAT in THAT>>>". I suggested that it might work better SIDEWAYS... Twisted Evil

Enjoyed the Fireside as always. A highpoint for sure.

Not much luck on Mammo Gambo's 10X pays, as is normal.

Now to reality. I was afraid that I would be short of time AFTER the trip, so I posted this in advance.

Maybe I will have more comments afterwards.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Hawk. I just realized you are posting this before you go.

So did you stay at my castle then?

Did you and John get together and stir up some trouble?

Last edited by alison on Mar Tue 25, 2008 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: What a big pain in the little....oh, nevermind Reply with quote

hawk wrote:
Maybe I will have more comments afterwards.
I will certainly have some comments for you on Tuesday night.

Last edited by john on Mar Tue 25, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Hawk's watching you like a.....well, like a hawk! Reply with quote

There must be some delicious details that the mighty Hawk is carefully omitting.

O Hawk, please regale us with your parables of bacchanalia in Reno, replete with its neon orgy of debauchery!

Or more simply, give us the dirt!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Stan- I also get the idea something is missing. But- great trip report Hawk aka: Karnac the magnificent. Glad to hear about the great vp hits.

Actually not a bad idea to put out a trip report before you go. Just in case-- I have heard the internet connection is not good at the Washoe County Jail. Hard to do a trip report while dining on bread and water. Shocked
hawk

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Hawk watched the big pain in the little what? Reply with quote

Your titles confused me. I think I may have mixed them a bit. Oh well.... as 39 year old Jack Benny used to say.

Yes, the Castle definitely but the part you have yet to savor -- ah yes, the Tuscan Suites. As well as two nights at the Eldo.

I got to travel alone as my wife is allergic to the soap at the Eldo as I am at the Siena. How's that for a boneyfidee excuse, guys and gals?

Did I neglect to mention that I played at the Eldo? Well, i could hardly concentrate on my VP due to the lustful stares from across street at the Ultra Famous You Know What... I wish those girls would stay inside and not stand in front staring across at those serious gamers of us within the Eldorado. Shoot --er--what was I saying????

Enjoyed your comments - so far -- on my delightful trip and report.
Best I've done at VP for a very long time.

And, if I should spend time at the Washoe County Jail, then this board will be CLOSED until John and I are released.

I was told by "my Boss" that, since I am permitted to go alone this trip, I must spend all my time with John as my chaperone.
Now, you can figure that one of two ways:
(1) John is an excellent protective chaperone, or
(2) No respectable (or otherwise) woman would look at me while I am with John.

More to come. I am enjoying this trip a bunch and haven't yet bought a gallon of four dollar gasoline.
hawk

PostPosted: Mar Tue 25, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: neon orgy of debauchery Reply with quote

I tried your trick of mixing your quote (see title above) and came up with Noon Energy for Butchery.
Ah, I can't wait to get to the Biggest Little...
Now the question is:
Will that be on Virginia St, or
at the VA Hospital>>>???

Now, Stan, put that in your Smipe and Poke It and see what you can come up with 'cause I ainta gonna elabbooreight.

(Can you say, "Private joke for insiders only?") So that's rude!! Yeah I guess it it.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Wed 26, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: HOLY PARABLES OF BACCHANALIA, BATMAN!!! Reply with quote

Thanks, Stan.
Man, I always wanted an excuse to use that (see title) phrase.

Not sure what it means though. Must have something to do with south equatorial marsupials. Can you elaborate please?

Man, I want to go to Reno.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Thu 27, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: The Butchery is open for business! Reply with quote

Be VERY CAREFUL when asking Stan to *elaborate* on something, 'cuz you just might get you wish for!

I kind of like Hawk's "Noon energy for butchery" better than my own tortured phraseology.

Still looking for an anagram for "Sticky Fingers BBQ" - my anagrammar is off, it seems.

Very nice subject line, Jerry. See, John, we are mastering this medium!
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Thu 27, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: I Love Anyplace called BUBBA'S Reply with quote

Once saw a sign which, though not an anagram, seems to fit the subject.
"COME ON IN AND STICKA YO FINGAS INTA SOME BUBBA'S Q".

You had to plan ahead for this place though. Open weekends only and way back in the hills of Nawth Cay -o-lina.

For planning purposes, it was definitely a "come as you are" place.
Good shine too if'n you knew who ta ask.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Fri 28, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: I'll stick nothing anywhere near a fella called "Bubba& Reply with quote

That would be "WHOM ta ask", if'n youse lookin' for proper grammer!

Man, are we off-topic - but you're right; that sign fits the bill, somehow.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Fri 28, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Topically speaking Reply with quote

Hey, the topic was RENO's Sticky Fingers BBQ.

And, speaking of such, I wonder if the Pep does put in such a place if it will be too "high tech" to suit those of us who enjoy real down home southern Q?
BTW, my favorite Q is the mustard-based in South Carolina, less sweet and much more palatable than the heavy tomato taste in North Carolina.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Sat 29, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever they're putting in there will be much smaller than the food court. They have put slots in the front part up to the original entrance to the place. Slots must generate more income than restaurants.
hawk

PostPosted: Mar Sat 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Within the bowels of the U.S. Reply with quote

Maybe it will be KANSAS CITY BBQ. I have often heard they have terrific BBQ though I have yet to taste it. Seems a bit out of the way from ANYWHERE. That being said, I would drive a long way for really good Q.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: