Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nitroglycerin pill fob
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Feb Fri 01, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to give the place a bad rap. It is a very nice place like remano said. I had the Grilled Shrimp Panini with slaw. The shrimp were overcooked and tough so that I had to remove them from the Panini and cut them with a knife. The slaw was just average. The glass of wine was lovely. My daughter had the Mexicali Pizza. She did not care for the flat bread type crust, and the Chorizo Sausage came out very dry and tough to chew.

It was not so bad that I would not give it another chance. I would just order something different. Don't let me stop you from giving it a chance. Cool
alison

PostPosted: Feb Fri 01, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dont worry. You wont stop me from trying it. Laughing
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Fri 01, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: biscottis Reply with quote

Hey Alison I agree with the others it was a little overpricey but you gotta try it at least once!

I had the flatbread pizza as well but just got the Margherita Classic (no other toppings) and it was good. Lots of herbs/spices and it kind of reminded me of one of those new-style DiGiorno frozen ones you can buy. $11.95 so it wasn't too bad.

I wouldn't go in there for a $30 steak or anything but that's not my style anyway!

Mammothgambler
jerry

PostPosted: Feb Fri 01, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: you don't necessarily get what you pay for Reply with quote

I have eaten there twice. First on a twofer so we had two pizzas. Don't remember flavors but something exotic. Both were pretty good, not excellent.
Next I had a coupon for 50 bucks and blew it on myself without even a drink. Was gonna order filet and waiter suggested another steak. Pretty good. I brownbagged remains to my room and had a breakfast sandwich. Easy to spend 50- bucks there.

It is more like a coffee shop atmosphere to me. I do not consider it to be fancy. Nice yes but not fancy. I am comfortable in there and I don't like fancy places.

For my money, the best steak I've had at the Pep was Steak and Lobster at Oceano. Beats Biscotti's and the Steak House both. I don't like the steak house and would only eat there if free. AND the Pep rarely ever comps me a meal.

Enjoy the walk. It will make you hungrier so that the food tastes better.
alison

PostPosted: Feb Mon 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you dont like the Steakhouse at the Pep? I am suprised to hear that. I have always had great steaks there. Thats too bad!! I too would not usually pay to eat there, but i always have it comped. Not to brag or anything...lol
hawk

PostPosted: Feb Mon 04, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: hey, Alison Reply with quote

Greetings from the Rockies.
I haven't been on in a long while.
But, since you are suc h a VIP at the Pep, how's ab out you meet the MODS there sometime and b uy us both a GOOD steak on your comps?

Now, thar's un awfur ah doesn ''t mayuck evur diey.

Stay warm and dry in the Pac Northwest.

Now swooping down on the next message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: