Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peppermill Report w/ pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryder

PostPosted: Sep Sun 16, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Peppermill Report w/ pics Reply with quote

I was not really planning on doing a trip report, but since the pepp put me in a newly remodeled suite, I thought I would share some pics with those interested

This trip was nothing more than 2 great friends of mine and myself finally making it out to see the Air Races (something we had talked about doing for the past 15+ years)

I requested from my host 2 adjoining rooms in the tower and he gave me a newly remodeled suite on the 16th floor along with an adjoining room for my bro's.

Here are a few pics of the suite (completely different than the old peppermill theme)

Bar Area with nice flat panel TV

Dinning room area (friends adjoining room was through door in pic that is open)

Living room area (bedroom is through door on the right of this pic)

Bedroom (another flat panel in this room...not pictured)

Bathroom. I am actually standing in the jacuzzi taking this pic

Highlight of the trip was the VIP treatment for the Reno Air Races. Peppermill provided tickets (w/ access to all areas) and had a VIP tent with seating on the flightline. Full bar and food provided throughout the day as well, plus transportion to and from Stead Field.

Couple of pics below of the VIP tent and seating area

CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Sun 16, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a nice room. It is hard to believe it is at the Peppermill- everything looks so different than the rooms I am used to. What a nice perk for the air races.

How did the gambling go this trip?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Mon 17, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: A sweet suite, indeed. Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics! I've always wondered what these suites look like, and now I've got a much clearer picture.

With the bar and the big t.v., all that's missing is the video poker - I wonder when some enterprising hotelier will think of actually installing such machines in rooms???
alison

PostPosted: Sep Mon 17, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for posting the pics. The rooms look completely different. Can't wait to stay in one.

How did the gambling treat ya?
hawk

PostPosted: Sep Mon 17, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....
I am happy for you, Ryder.
I know it is somehting I will never experience. so thanks for the pics.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Tue 18, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those new rooms kinda remind one of my place. Except I live in a much nicer neighborhood. Right Hawk? Right BC Dave?

Very nice pictures, Ryder!
hawk

PostPosted: Sep Tue 18, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, John, you're right. It does kinda make me think of your place.
Home is where the heart is though. Your place is definitely homelier, errrh, I mean homier than the Pep suites.
After all, youse has got da boids...
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Tue 18, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: That is your neighbourhood! Reply with quote

You live three blocks away, so that is your neighbourhood. The pictured rooms are lovely but lack that certian comfortable character that only Higgins and Charlie can provide. Give the birds a couple of weeks to renovate, then those room would have some real class.

BC Dave
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Wed 19, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you guys, the boids do make all the difference.

Dave, I detected a spelling error in your post. In the context of birds, renovate is spelled d-e-c-i-m-a-t-e.

Living in the lap of luxury,

John
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Sep Wed 19, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ryder,

Thanks for the trip report and great pics. Hope the Peppermill did you right and you came out ahead. Just outta curiosity, what type of suite was this? (Luxury/Royal/Penthouse/etc.) Did the replace the Jacuzzis too or are they still the old-style black ones? I'm still a personal fan of the old-skool decor but I guess it can't last forever, but I had no idea they already started remodeling some rooms in the tower. I'm going to have to hurry back before it's all gone.

Sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for posting and hope your friend (the one you had mentioned that was on his third divorce) found the appropriate street corner hahaha

floridagambler
Ryder

PostPosted: Sep Fri 21, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know for sure, but I believe the room I had was a luxury suite.

Everything in the room is brand new......except for the 2 toilets (they are still those old style, low the ground crappers) actually cracked me up, cause they just did not fit in at all.

the jacuzzi is new (no more black) this one was white. There is also a flat screen TV (4 in the entire room) over the jacuzzi as well. The other item I did not like was that the shower was no longer a steam shower. Crying or Very sad

As far as gambling.......was pretty much up and down the whole time, until I dropped $800 on pai gow in 2 hours (which I did not think was possible at $25.00 per hand)...after that point I just couldn't win anything.
PEB

PostPosted: Sep Fri 21, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the trip report and all the nice pics! I always wondered what the rooms at the Pep looked like (have never been there).
ErininSD

PostPosted: Oct Mon 01, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading these. Very Happy
Let-it-ride

PostPosted: Oct Mon 08, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErininSD wrote:
Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading these. Very Happy

LMAO @ that.

Where have I heard that before???

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: