Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip Report 8/26/07-8/30/07

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsom

PostPosted: Sep Fri 07, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Trip Report 8/26/07-8/30/07 Reply with quote

We had a wedding to go to on the Northern Cali coast...why not swing by Reno on the way?...only a few hundred extra miles! We had a couple of free nights at the Circus and the Peppermill so we used them both!
We arrived at the Circus at 8:00pm, I had backed up the reservation with a credit card so there was supposedly no worry about our arrival time....Not! They had cancelled my reservation when I didn't show before 6:00pm and gave our room away even though I had called ahead and said I would be coming in after 6:00pm. After some confusion they found a room for us but then the representative said " just to let you know, you need to back up your reservation with a credit card next time if you are checking in past 6:00pm". I told her I had and she just stood there and repeated herself,(twice). I was tired from the travel and the wedding and was ready to snap but after all, it was a comped room.
The Circus gave me 150$ in free play and gave my wife 250$, (no idea why the difference) we played on that for about half a day. I hit a few small wins on slots, 95$ tops, but we burned through the free play and then some. We had a good time, the Circus had put in a lot of new machines since we were there last. The food at the Buffet is still pretty bad, even for free comp meals!
We then moved to the Peppermil for a two night stay in a Grand Suite, what a difference! Sauna, Jaccuzi, and what a bed! we spent my Birthday there.. got a lot of happy birthdays! (everytime I put my card in a machine!) The Pep had offered me 250$ freeplay but they actually gave me 550$ ! I found that even though they told me I couldn't cash out the freeplay, only the wins, that some machines still gave me pay tickets for whatever freeplay money I put in, as long as I won any amount at all over the initial freeplay amount that I put on the machine.
I thought I was pretty smart when I had turned 450$ of the 550$ into cash by the end of the day, but I didn't feel quite so smart when by the end of the second day I had put all that cash back in and then some!
My wife and I were both feeling a little down about not doing so well when the Coyote Moon machine she was playing in the " Dino-Jackpot" section started flashing and the Big Screen on the wall started flashing " 700 Dollar Winner". We still ended the run on the down side, but not by a whole lot and we both had a lot of fun.
By the way we lost nearly and hour on Route 89 and 44 on the way back North, there was a lot of road construction, they were also sprayin down the construction zone on 89 with water... made a real mess out of our car for the rest of the trip.
We also hit the Seven Feathers at oregon on the way down and the way back, they have a lot of new games and after playing a total of four hours we were down a total of 45$. ( broke even the first time and each lost a little the second time).
See ya later reno...maybe next year!
Lee
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Fri 07, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder you decided to take a side trip to Reno. I count up $950 in free play plus the rooms. Wow. I am sure you had some comps for food too. Thanks for the report.
alison

PostPosted: Sep Tue 11, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trip report. Thanks for posting. Laughing
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Sep Tue 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, congrats on the wins and thanks for the trip report, sounds like you all had a blast. Glad the Peppermill did you right! Sounds like the Grand Suites are pretty nice too, the others sure are. I had good luck in that Dino section too last trip out, seemed like a hotspot. I can't wait till I'm at your level and start getting comps like that there, it'll probably never happen for me! Glad you had an awesome birthday and trip.

floridagambler
PEB

PostPosted: Sep Fri 21, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed your trip report....thanks!
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: