Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staying at the Peppermill during Construction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsom

PostPosted: Aug Sun 12, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Staying at the Peppermill during Construction Reply with quote

How is staying at the Peppermill during the construction now ? We stayed there when they had just begun the project and would rather stay somewhere else on this trip if it's the same. ( although their free grand suite offer is hard to pass up)
Is there a lot of noise and do you have to dodge forklifts and walk around construction fences?

Thanks,
Lee
( sorry about posting this in the trip reports....I've been away for a while and am a bit rusty )
alison

PostPosted: Aug Sun 12, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee,
I had not issue at all while i was there. I did not hear a thing. i was on the othere side though. besides the pool area, they really are done with the major construction. Have you looked at the Webcams?

Alison
LIsom

PostPosted: Aug Sun 12, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: construction Reply with quote

Hi Alison,
I looked at the construction pictures on their website, but couldn't really tell where they were working....looked like mostly up in the air. It certainly looks different! Thanks for the info...I think we'll be there!
Lee
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Aug Sun 12, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, I was just there a few weeks back, didn't have any noise problems then or on my January trip (although I heard a little bit of jackhammering in the room above me for about 5 minutes but I think they were repairing a jacuzzi or something). I was surprised there wasn't any noise, as the new tower was right outside my window practically. You're definitely right though, a free grand suite offer is hard to pass up! Best of luck if you wind up going.

floridagambler
alison

PostPosted: Aug Sun 12, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!! Oh yeah, i never encountered any fences to walk around. primarly the majority of it is done. Its just a matter of finishing everything off.
LIsom

PostPosted: Aug Mon 13, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Peppermill Reply with quote

O.K. I'm convinced, we'll be there on August 27th & 28th, ( the 28th is my birthday). Thanks for the help!
Lee
alison

PostPosted: Aug Mon 13, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun!! Look forward to reading about your trip when you get back. Cool
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Mon 13, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stayed at the Pepp 3 times during the construction. The first time was a bit of a problem due to the parking, but the parking garage is done, and you really can't get into the construction area anymore. All three of my stays were on the construciton area side. I slept like a baby, and noise was not a factor at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: