Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BC Dave's TR - Repost from April, 2005

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: BC Dave's TR - Repost from April, 2005 Reply with quote

Not sure of the accuracy of the following TR dug out of the crypts. Since word is that it was posted "live from Shooters".

O.K. Here's my Reno Trip Report

On Sunday April 24th a group of eight of us all from the B.C. Ferry Corporation (no “Fairy” jokes please.) drove from Vancouver to Seattle (in two vehicles) for an early afternoon Southwest Airlines flight to Reno. After a somewhat bumpy ride we were whisked off to the Silver Legacy by shuttle. Got there about 3:00 P.M. Check in took about 20 minutes. We all threw our bags into our rooms then met at the Cal Neva for a dog and draft. (I think the high rollers among us paid the extra 50 cents for a Heineken!) Then we all gambled and drank and strolled around downtown until 7:00 when we met at the Eldorado’s buffet. We love this buffet and most of us made pigs of ourselves. How many pieces of carrot cake did I eat again? Feeling rather ill afterwards, I again walked around town and ended up at the Sands for a couple of hours. Tried to call John (Our Web Site Host) from there but didn’t get him. Gambled more at the Silver Legacy, Eldorado, and Cal Neva. Hit the sack about 3:30 A.M.

Got up around 10:00 Monday and had the Silver Legacy buffet breakfast. Didn’t see any of my friends but that was no surprise because we hadn’t made any plans. The “Legacy’s” breakfast buffet is good but nothing to write home about let alone fill up message boards with. Went to the Sands and tried their slot tournament. Got a lousy score. Gambled there and then went looking for my pals at the Cal Neva. (They hang out there a lot.) I found some of them there and I stayed and played some video poker at the bar near the Top Deck restaurant. I got a few good hands and then four 10s and cashed out a little later up forty dollars. That was my big win for the trip! Called John and we decided to meet at the Peppermill the next day. I checked at the Sienna for some info on their V.P. tournament and found out that I could play the next day at 12:30 P.M. Then I took a long stroll south on Virginia Street to do some shopping. I have found that, over the years, I can recoup some gambling losses by getting some great deals at places like Marshall’s and Ross. The deals available at these places are not found in Canada. I, of course, stopped in at the Peppermill and Atlantis to make sure that I lost enough to justify this bargain hunting. After wearying of all this walking I caught a bus and bought (for four dollars) a 24 hour pass. Got off the bus at the Cal Neva and walked over to the Nugget and inhaled an “Awful Awful”. Gambled some more that night with no luck.

Tuesday I started the day with an Eldorado breakfast buffet. It was very good as always. Played in the Sienna’s V.P. tournament but didn’t do too well. I then took the Bus to the Bonanza where I played some Blackjack and made a small profit. I make a point of going there each trip and I have to say that the staff there is always very friendly. Out of towners can get a small funbook at the Cashiers cage. After a couple of hours I took the bus back downtown and then out to the Peppermill. I met John there at the Fireside Lounge and we had a few Happy Hour beers there. Had a great talk with John and he met a few of my coworkers who also happened to be out at the Peppermill. If any of you are in Reno in the near future check out the Peppermill’s happy hour. There are great deals on drinks and free appetizers. After saying so long to John I had a quick buffet dinner (really good food) and then hopped on the bus back downtown. Gambled and lost downtown with only a few free drinks to ease the pain.

Wednesday (and already the last day of the trip) I had Fitzgerald’s buffet breakfast. I really don’t have any complaints about it. They have all you need and then some for about two and a half bucks less the big hotels. I was not in a gambling frame of mind anymore so I looked through the souvenir shops on Virginia Street and in a couple of hotels. I found a couple of cute gifts for my wife and my mother. Gave Video Poker another chance to redeem itself at the Cal Neva and Eldorado. No luck. I even gave Keno a try at the Eldorado but just won a couple of free games.

I headed back to the Airport at 2:15 and met all my traveling companions there. Most of them had had better luck than me. Had a smooth flight to Seattle and despite arriving during rush hour we had a pretty quick drive home. (Thanks in part to the commuter lanes.)

All in all it was a fun trip but my luck was about as bad as it could possibly be.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Fri 13, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: My recovered report Reply with quote

Thanks for the repost Jerry. Glad to hear from you (even if sorta indirectly). This calls for a beer at SHOOTERS! BC Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: