Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grace's First TR - Repost (was archive # 65)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Grace's First TR - Repost (was archive # 65) Reply with quote

Nice first post from this charming young lady:

I've most recently been introduced to this site and am happy to say it's the only one on entire web that seem secure, fun and informative. A really nice place to meet some really nice people.

Since I'm a new transplantee from NY (Southampton) and know next to nothing about Reno, it's sights, sounds and fun places, JD has introduced me to his favorite fun places (just too much to absorb in a short period of time) a la IM's and links. At first, when I first met JD at the "Wedding of the Century" this past August at the Old Washoe Club here in Virginia City, I was a little skeptical about Reno and gambling, etc. (There are no such things in New York). This is a wonderful new experience for me and I couldn't have asked for a better "tour guide" than JD. He's a lot of fun and knowledgeable about many, many things, especially JD in a bucket

Since I was the unofficial "wedding coordinator" of Cowboy Steve and Mrs. Cowboy Steve (Teresa), JD was one of the invited guests, he flew into the Washoe with a huge water trough (wedding gift for Ginger, the new melded family horse) together with a card in his mouth and humor in full bloom. Since I had no idea who he was, I just told him he was in the wrong place - there was a wedding to be had in a few hours. At which time he proceeded to offer to buy me a drink (9:10 am - I don't think so). But he did set the mood for fun, fun, fun.

Later at the wedding, and all the pics of JD will prove me right, JD had a bottle of champagne in each hand, pouring the bubbly into every half-full glass he could bump into while at the time saying how much fun everyone could have continuing the celebration at The Siena. Now mind you all, since this is a small town, most of the residents of Virginia City came to celebrate, and of course, since it was smack in the middle of summer, hundreds of tourists also came in to help celebrate. That it was a champagne and cake reception, there was plenty to go around for all who came.

Keeping this in mind, the small town hospitality is extended to all who walk up the streets of Sun Mountain (now renamed Mt. Davidson). This truly is an "old western town" (and Hawaiian shirts ARE welcome - are you listening, JD?) But, and here's the big but, when I decided to go to the Siena with JD, I couldn't find him. He had left already for the pool party.

Now, there is one thing I don't understand about something that JD did this past summer - maybe someone can explain it to me. Since JD was at the wedding all afternoon and then some of us from the wedding were "saloon hopping", JD included, or at least he was there whenever I turned around, not only on August 14th, but for the next week or so, how did JD manage to be "Down the Hill" at Reno and still be up at VC? Is he Harry Houdini reborn, or is he the one and only "Phantom of Virginia City/Reno"? After reading his posting of his experiences down at the Siena, I was a little bit more than green with envy.

At any rate, I am glad JD steered me onto this site. It is fantastic to share experiences and points of interest with so many nice people.

Grace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: