Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry's TR - Repost from Apr 05 (was archive # 35)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Jerry's TR - Repost from Apr 05 (was archive # 35) Reply with quote

OK, back safe and sound after two nights at Siena, the 12th and 13th.
Fun, but not financially successful. Wow, were my poker machines tight!!
Using the Bingo cards (hourly) that they pass out to slot players, I hit the winner for 50 bucks. While I was waiting for the game to start, I lost $200. So, I ask you, does that make me a winner or a loser.

The Clambake was enjoyable. They were carving the BEST BEEF THAT I HAVE EVER EATEN. I sampled it about four times. Once, I came back with a fresh plate, set it down, and went back for some Cheese Bread to go with it. While gone, the waiter took my plate. So I had to trek back up to the carving station to get some beef to go with my Cheese Bread.
Guess what? When I got back --- Gotcha -- the Cheese Bread was still there.

I was also a WINNER (of sorts) at the Clambake Dinner. I captured the prize for THE UGLIEST DATE. But the company was good.

Sorry that I was unable to connect with the board members who were also visiting from out of town. Maybe next time.

Good weather. By leaving early the night before, I missed some snow and some Grupple. We had a few road accidents around here because of it.

Good news. No smokies encountered enroute as with last week. At least not for me. One interesting IMO note though. Traveling north on I-5 somewhere north of Mt Shasta, I had the cruise on 67. Speed limit was 65 or 70. But, in CA, if you are towing, it is always 55. A guy BLEW BY me doing about 75-80 or better, towing a speed boat on a trailer. About 2-3 miles later, my radar detector started beeping at me. As I crested a small hill, there was a smoky bear about half mile in front about to pass a semi. About a mile further and he had the guy towing the speed boat pulled over. I call that justice.

Gas prices all the way about same as here in so. OR. Right at 2.60.
To protect the innocent , I may do a short addendum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: