Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry's TR - Repost from Apr 05 (was archive # 36)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Jerry's TR - Repost from Apr 05 (was archive # 36) Reply with quote

First time that I have done a trip this short. Two nights only.
It is a "fur piece" to drive so we generally stay a bit longer. But since we have been there a few times this year, I made it a short one to please my wife. It also saves me money because she can't gamble as long on a short trip.

We were to leave early Sun for the Siena. After getting ready for bed Sat nite, I checked the Internet news and weather. Seems that storms were to hit our entire route after midnight with a few inches of accumulating snow. So, much to the chagrin of my wife, I told her to "put your clothes back on - we're leaving". And we did a couple hours later.

We beat the storm or, I should say, we had rain instead of snow. The passes and high areas did get snow on Sunday as others arrived having driven thru it.
(John, do you want to do a spell check on "thru"?)

I do like the Siena parties. Since they have gotten very cheap with drinks for the slot players (no matter what denomination you play for), the drink badges work very well there. No restrictions.

I like having a safe in the room. But, we always forget that we have a refrig.

Slot tourney was fun. I finished just slightly out of money. After Round One (of two), I was in 11th place but faltered in round two. The girl next to me had same score as me going into two but she "scorched" me and took second place for $1,000. It coulda been me. Why did I not sit one seat to my right?

Fabulous Awards Brunch, as always. The bartender would not even accept a tip.

I came out a little bit ahead, not much. But I did hit 13 Four of a Kinds while there. Playing a Double Bonus, I had four deuces and an ace (kicker) on the deal. Very nice for $200 which very quickly went back in but, at least, it kept me playing.

Now, the bad news. I have been chasing the VP Progressive at the Fitz for awhile.When I departed last trip the meter was over $1200. When I returned this trip, it was at $1500. Ready to pop, right? Wrong!!!
I played it a bit and had no luck. Left to come back and collect it the next day. Guess what? Yep, you are correct. Someone had just hit it a few minutes before I walked in. Meter was back to $1,000 and change. That sorta took the interest out of playing that night.

Trip home was a dream with a few anxious moments of exception. I crested a hill doing 70 (in a 65) and spotted Smokey the Bear on the shoulder. I dropped it to 65 and set the cruise. He pulled in behind and followed me for about 10 minutes. Even when others passed me, he stayed behind me. He finally passed me, drove a mile or so, again pulled off and then back on behind me. Eventually he gave up looking for bigger fish to fry.
I must have been suspicious this trip. On trip to Reno, I pulled up to a four way stop. I waited for a car on the left to come from half block away not knowing it was a four way. It turned out to be a cop. He turned and followed me thru all my turns in that town before giving up.

I have to wonder. I was driving a new car with temporary tags. Did that make a difference? Any thoughts?

A nice trip. I am thinking about doing it again next week. This time as a single. I still think that there is a Royal Flush "lurking there on a VP machine with my name on it".

Clam Bake on Wed at the Siena.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: