Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two nice compliments and not much else.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk

PostPosted: Jan Mon 09, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Two nice compliments and not much else. Reply with quote

Racked my brain and can't come up with much of interest for a TR.
Food and drink at Siena for New Years was fabulous but that was expected. Didn't win any money either. No big hits. My wife hit a small Royal on nickles but we were still losers for the day.

One interesting site at the Siena VP machines. Several nights, I saw a guy sitting playing two VP machines simultaneously - one with each hand. And he played pretty fast - don't know how well he played but he usually had several hundred dollars in credits on each one. AND, get this, he was playing dollar machines which meant that he was playing ten bucks a whack. Surely out of my league.

Missed seeing any friends from this board during this trip. The downtown ice rink was buzzing all the time. Very popular. Interesting to see the river go up 10 feet one day and down 10 feet the next. With the flooding, things seemed very quiet to me.

Speaking of quiet, I never once heard a train whistle. That's new. Noticed a lot of landscaping and sidewalks being installed along the trench.

Lots of buzz about Atlantis showing interest in the Fitz. Course they already asked for re-zoning of the property to their north to expand. Why don't they tear down that lousy old motel where they started?
Pepp expansion is purring along.

Still lousy slots and very poor VP at the Sands. One bar has one game at good odds. The other bar has the same game at lower odds. Not much choice in beer since they took out the only good one they had and replaced it with Hawaiian.
Speaking of which: This really gets me. (HOLD your ears, Kevin).
The Fitz took out their taps of Irish Beer. The Guinness now comes in a (barf) bottle. No more Harps. In Limericks, they have Smitticks which is good. (Yeah, yeah, I know it's spelled Smithwick but they all call it Smitticks. Perhaps they have been drinking too much of it).

I used up a bunch of comps eating at the Fitz cause they expire after 13 months. I need to get back and burn a few more since I don't want to use them for anything else. Looking for a chaffeur with a winter-equipped vehicle to transport us both.

Saving the best for last - the two compliments:
#1. An attractive young recent-divorcee, about half my age, hit on me for three hours at the poker bar one night. She finally gave up and turned her interest elsewhere. (Guess I should have told her old guys are useless Wink but it was flattering).

#2. Was sitting at another poker bar chatting with young guy next to me as well as a cocktail waitress. When she left, I remarked loudly: "Just my luck that everytime I sit down at a bar, some good looking guy sits down next to me and gets all the attention". The attractive female bartender walks down the bar, stops in front of me and proclaims: "darlin', you are not exactly chopped liver".

So, you see, there is still charity in the world - at least there is in the Reno bars.

Lastly, I avoided Shooters like the plague. One should only traverse that joint with several trust-worthy friends watching his back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: