Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Out of the Bleu it came

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Feb Sun 04, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Out of the Bleu it came Reply with quote

I used to be a good customer of Caesars Tahoe, and got great offers in the mail of free play, free dining, upgraded rooms, concert tickets and special events. When the new owners took over, I was sitting on the sidelines. I received one "offer" in the mail to come look at the new Mont Bleu, but no incentive to do so.

Now I know I am not their target market: I am not under 30, nor am I gay. It did not surprise me that my offers would stop, as I just come to gamble and eat a little bit- yes boring.

I just received a real offer of $100 in free slot play, and one free night. Why all of a sudden after a year and half would they want me to come now?

I don't even have their new slot card. Razz
Ryder

PostPosted: Feb Fri 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there target market did not pay the bills for them and now they need to get some of their regulars back.

This seems to happen often. I use to get the world given to me at NYNY in vegas. When MGM bought them a few years back everything seemed to stop

A year later they were begging me to return
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Tue 13, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

CaSwede,

It's because I ripped 'em off last week! (just kidding...)

Seriously it sounds like something of getting their original crowd back might be going on. With their "impeccable customer service" it wouldn't surprise me if the new crowd is bailing too. I fall in the slightly-over-30 category (not gay) but was also with Caesars for a couple years and look at all the stuff I got. When I got back there were 2 February-March offers, 1 for a free night any day of the week from Jan 1-Mar 31, and another for a free night Feb 1-March 31 and $35 in BleuCash. I calculated it and they probably sent those out right when I was leaving town, so I'm anxious to see what they'd normally send now since I blew about $600 bucks there over the 2 weeks on machines. Probably nothing. I sent one of the comps to my friends in Mammoth Lakes with a note saying "don't give 'em your credit/debit card number!"

I will say this: Go once, just to check out the eye candy! (GORGEOUS women everywhere! that's about all they had going for 'em) Your $100 slot play will probably go in about 5 minutes but it will be worth it. Get one of the premiere suites on a high floor, because they do stick the VIPs and players in regular rooms unless you specify otherwise. Go this month and they are giving away free iPods everyday. Problem is, you gotta blow about a grand just to get an entry ticket! Although you can get a couple of free ones and another $5 in slot/$10 in match play by getting the card.

floridagambler
CaSwede

PostPosted: Feb Wed 14, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I have actually been to the Bleu maybe 5 or 6 times since the change over to check out the place. I was there a month ago. Actually, they do have 9/6 JOB VP in the place, but it is only in dollars- just a bit too much for my bankroll for very long.

I always got an upgraded spa suite in my stays at Caesars. What is a standard room?....I really don't know.

I am heading to Lake Tahoe again in the morning....this time to North Shore. Exclamation

My offer is good till the end of March, and I may just take them up on the deal.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Thu 15, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaSwede,

Have a good trip and be sure to post a report when you get back. The only cheap VP I found there too was the 5 cent Spin Poker machines and maybe a few Game Kings. One disappointment was that the VP at the Blu bar (the round one with the fire pit in the middle) was only DOLLARS and although your drinks get comped there, man you'd have to blow at least $100-200 waiting! We went to the Horizon bar across the street where it's still 5 cents luckily.

Well I only had that one stay there, but to the best of my knowledge they have a few different room types - the upgraded spa suite (now called the Premiere Spa Suite) is the one I was in. The regular rooms I've heard have the round Roman tub but the shower is built into it, surrounded by glass panes. The room is also alot smaller as is the bathroom. Then you've got those two types of high-dollar suites, don't know the names but you can tell which ones they are because they all have double doors. Some of them are two stories I believe - I was on the 15th floor but on the elevators I kept noticing that the floors jumped from 12-15 (there was no 13 or 14) so I figured some of those big suites must be 2 stories?

I haven't heard back from them yet and since I didn't pay 'em I probably won't be getting any more comps/offers but you never know.

Have a good trip,
floridagambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: