Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reno in january

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjwmobey

PostPosted: Jan Fri 12, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: reno in january Reply with quote

i havent been to reno in the winter i quite a few years. should i bother to rent a car. i stay downtown and do most of my gambling there. are the road cleared pretty fast if there is a snow storm. i broke my hip about a year ago so the walk from harrahs to the sands is a little long. plus its nice to go see the pep and atlantis.

thanks for any advise
joe

p.s. what a great reno board
remano

PostPosted: Jan Fri 12, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any concerns at all about driving in snow I wouldn't rent a car. It's easy to get to Pepp and Atlantis from downtown just by catching the #1 bus from the bus plaza across from the bowling stadium. If you do rent a car and it snows, stick to the main roads. Those are cleared first and they stay pretty clear because of the heavier traffic.

Weather in January can be anybody's guess. If it snows, usually it is only a couple inches which melt by afternoon, but that doesn't mean a blizzard isn't possible. Having spent most of my life along the shores of Lake Superior where they have some serious snow, I would rate Reno's snow handling on the few occasions it is needed as miserable. The bigger problem, however, is Reno drivers. They don't know how to handle snowy conditions and just a few inches will bring on an epidemic of spin-outs, fender benders and traffic jams caused by poor winter driving practices. Last week it took my wife 3 hours to get home from work, a trip that usually takes about 20 minutes. The snow didn't stop her but all the stuck cars blocking the intersections forced her to keep taking alternate routes.
jjwmobey

PostPosted: Jan Sun 14, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice remano. i personaly have no problem driving in snow. its the other idiots i worry about. its nice to know that the drivers in reno are no better at it than the ones here in portland. Laughing Very Happy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: