Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barbs trip report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barb

PostPosted: Sep Sat 30, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Barbs trip report Reply with quote

OK , I will give a little trip report to keep everyone in the mood for Reno.
We left Portland on Southwest last Monday and had a great filght into Reno. We took taxi($20 w/tip) to the Fitz. They dont have their own shuttle and its a guess when the city shuttle will come. Checked in Fitz and headed for second floor bar for a cool one. Our favorite bartender is John.. I played slots and hubby played craps and Keno. Neither one of us had any big win. We went to Limericks for prime rib dinner which was great as always. We each won a little after dinner and then gave up early as we were tired. Tuesday we had breakfast at Mollys which was OK.
We walked to the Sienna, played some nickle poker and looked at bar to see if any gentleman Laughing with bird on his shoulder was there but alas no one there. We then went to Cal Neva and played on some of the old train machines. It was fun and we came out ahead. Then we went through Harrahs but didnt see any machines I wanted to play. On to ElDorado where I had fun on Mr. Cashman machine. I always end up back at the Fitz playing my favorite Triple Diamond machine. I hit $300. I played so long that hubby went to dinner and I stayed on my machine till I was ready to quit for the day. Erdnesday, breakfast at ElDorado buffet which is always good and more Mr. Cashman and other machines there.
Hubby making bets and still playing Keno and craps. Nothing big to report
I must admit that in all the years we have gone to Reno, I had never had the Awful-Awful. So we went and split one. Now I know what you are talking about!!!It was great. Thursday was last day and we had breakfast at Fitz buffet which we liked better since they now have a omlette station.
WE played until time to rake shuttle back to airport. All in all we had a a really good time with lots of
cool ones(we had the badges), the weather was beautiful but in the end we left some money for all of you who are going to Reno soon to pick up.
I wish you all big wins. Barb
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Sun 01, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, Barb, the birds kept saying, "Siena, Siena", but I had no idea what they were talking about.

Glad you had a good trip.
hawk

PostPosted: Oct Thu 05, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bird Man was banned from the Siena for making suggestive remarks to Mark, the bartender on Center St. Actually, he was banned because of the response he received. Maybe more on this later.
alison

PostPosted: Oct Mon 16, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,
Thanks for posting your trip report. I enjoyed reading it.

Alison
PEB

PostPosted: Oct Tue 17, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,
Thanks for the trip report.....makes me wish I was already there Smile
We leave for Reno early Thur. morning.....heading for the Fitz.
Barb

PostPosted: Oct Tue 17, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peb---Hope you wins lots at the Fitz and have a great time. Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: