Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick this-n-that

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishsetter

PostPosted: Oct Mon 09, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Quick this-n-that Reply with quote

Made the trip over the hill for the first time in several months. Generally try to avoid Reno during the "events" season (Street Vibes, HAN etc.) and have been going to Vegas instead.

Mr. Harry comped my pal and I. Unfortunately, Harrah's 18's a crowd policy at the craps table is still in effect. Even when the open tables were elbow to elbow, they did not open another table. They've added a crapsless table as well. Min. was never less that $10. Didn't play at all at Harrah's.

Stopped at Boomtown on my way into town. No craps table open. How can this be? Played at Atlantis, Siena, Cal Neva, Eldo, Circus. Good news is that Siena now pays breakage on their low stakes table. Used to be you would not get paid properly unless you made at least a $6 wager on the 6/8. They now pay half dollars on $3. I always thought their old policy made them look cheap. I saw some big action at Circus, which was a surprise, a couple of players making $500 field bets.... and they were cleaning up. The usual clientele at the Circus tables can be dicey, but their dealers are mostly first rate.

Saw my first at-the-table panhandling at Cal Neva. Sad that it comes to that and sadder that the supervisor permitted it. It was a $3 game and the panhandler was begging for enough to take odds behind his $3 line bet on the 10 (he had bought in with a single dollar, and two dollars in loose change). Having successfully weaseled the necessary $3 out of the other players, my pal promptly tossed the 10 turning his $3 into $15. Though Cal Neva offers a good game, with good dealers, it's this kind of desperation that turns people off to Reno.

Did well in Reno. Got no heat whatsoever. Will try to return before the snow gets too deep in the pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: