Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has the best Happy Hour in Reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Apr Fri 15, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Who has the best Happy Hour in Reno Reply with quote

I've always been curious as to the best Happy Hour when one considers price, brand and/or size of the beer. Also include mixed drinks.
Zydeco

PostPosted: Apr Tue 19, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's not always about price. When I was first visiting Reno it WAS all about the $1 beers and $2 margaritas. But over time (and age and wisdom...yada, yada) it changed.

I look for an interesting menu of small bites and creative beverages. Big fan of Roxy's 101 Martini Happy Hour ($5 or $6). We always, and I mean always spend at least one HH there.

Atlantis Bistro Napa has a great menu, but be warned it's always crowded and the senior citizens will elbow you out as they open the door. Seriously, was threatened with a walker once.

Chi Chi in Eldorado was a nice HH when Nicole Barker was behind the bar. Really innovative drinks for $5. Hard to beat. Have not been there much since.
Shooty

PostPosted: Apr Sun 24, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has the best Happy Hour in Reno Reply with quote

VAPA wrote:
I've always been curious as to the best Happy Hour when one considers price, brand and/or size of the beer. Also include mixed drinks.
This is easy for me, because I know the correct answer.

It is the Fireside Lounge at the Peppermill. Mon-Fri 4P-7P.
- Complimentary appetizers with purchase of cocktail.
- Mondays: $2.50 shots, Well or Call
- Tuesdays: $1.50 Imported Beers
- Wednesdays: $3.00 Martinis, Cosmos, and Lemon Drops
- Thursdays: Half-price Infernos
- Fridays: $2.50 house wines

However, here's the trick. They will comp all their great tropical drinks to $0.25 VP players. They have 10/7 DB, which pays >100%. And the food is tasty, often shrimp cocktails, sliders, stuff like that.

Go to that Happy Hour, it's the best one in Reno.
IOWActuary

PostPosted: Jan Sun 21, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has the best Happy Hour in Reno Reply with quote

Shooty wrote:
VAPA wrote:

However, here's the trick. They will comp all their great tropical drinks to $0.25 VP players. They have 10/7 DB, which pays >100%. And the food is tasty, often shrimp cocktails, sliders, stuff like that.

Wait, Peppermill has +EV VP and they comp premium drinks? Will they comp a manhattan with premium liquor?
JD

PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go for the "FREE" $ 80 bloody Mary, the $ 50 "FREE" beers, and the occasional $ 120 "FREE" brandy.

On rare occasions, they actually trade one of their "FREE" drinks for a temporary loan which I am forced to repay with maqssive interest in a very short time.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Beaver on Virginia st, betweeb the Pepper and Atlantis Vp. and great food. Every drink you can think of.
IOWActuary

PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spdmrcht wrote:
Lucky Beaver on Virginia st, betweeb the Pepper and Atlantis Vp. and great food. Every drink you can think of.

They comp everything? How's the paytable?
Wolfdog

PostPosted: Jan Mon 22, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has the best Happy Hour in Reno Reply with quote

Shooty wrote:
VAPA wrote:

"They" being the Fireside staff? Do they even have vp in there, let alone FP DB?
We're missing something here.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Jan Tue 23, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IOWActuary wrote:
spdmrcht wrote:

They comp everything? How's the paytable?

Depends on your play but Better than Harrahs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: