Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Victory Celebration Reno Trip
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Victory Celebration Reno Trip Reply with quote

I consider those on this board my friends. And what do friends do? They share good news and I have some good news.

In November of 2014 without any symptoms I was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. It was a big blow and the doctor gave me only a few months or with chemo a 50% chance of making it 2 years. I think I am going to make it for the 2 years. Liver cancer is one of the worst one a person can get....look up survivor rates.

I have had more than 50 chemo sessions and they are really tough. It has been a hard thing to go through. Despite the chemo I have made a few trips to Reno, but with a reduced energy level on my part. However, these trips give me mental strength to get me through the next session.

My Doctor hit upon a drug combination that seemed to work for me. Three months ago a scan showed no cancer in my body! However, I had a similar result about a year ago and it came back. I continued on with the chemo and less than two weeks ago the next scan again showed no cancer in me!! Very Happy My doctor said I can now use the big "R" word- Remission. She canceled all the chemo and said come back and see me in October.

I am still trying to process the above information, but it is wonderful news for sure.

My wife and I are attending a wedding in less than two weeks near Sacramento and that is on the way to Reno. So, we are going to spend a couple of nights in a Tuscany Suite at the Peppermill to celebrate and have some fun. I am not sure where else we will stop but it will be wonderful. In addition, this will be our 45th wedding anniversary! Note: we were very young when we got married.

Good news is always great to share!!!!

Last edited by CaSwede on Sep Tue 06, 2016 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
JD

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, that's great, Swede. I had no idea you've been ill. My family has been thru that scare and I know the fear it can bring. Any chance you'll be in Reno between 25 Sept - Oct 9? The Outhouse races in VC are on Oct 1st.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Good news is always good to hear! Reply with quote

Tremendous! A hearty round of applause to you...and yes, go party up in Reno to celebrate!!!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Here I go again Reply with quote

I will be in Reno Sept. 18 and 19. Actually, I decided about an hour ago to head up there tomorrow. I will spend one night at North Lake Tahoe and one night at Boomtown.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Fantastic! Reply with quote

Great to hear that CaSwede! Those Tuscany suites are great. Treating yourself to a high old time at the Pep is just what the doctor ordered. Well at least it's what your friends on VisitReno.com would insist is good for body and soul.
mjames1229

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

I don't have any cancer survival stories in my circle of friends or relatives, so I will celebrate yours with a big bottle of water! (Sorry, I am on a strict diet as I try to lose 100#).