Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off to HAN on Saturday and do love the experience

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Jul Thu 28, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Off to HAN on Saturday and do love the experience Reply with quote

I'm leaving early Saturday for HAN and will love being there that week. If anybody wants to do a get together let me know. Hopefully, SW won't have the problems they had last Friday night when I spent the night at BWI. I missed my connecting flight by about 15 minutes. Along with about six others but life is certainly a journey. Have a good day.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Thu 28, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Have a good trip. Reply with quote

Hope your trip is just good times and great times, Vapa. Hope a little luck (or a lot) comes your way too.
VAPA

PostPosted: Jul Thu 28, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response as I do look forward to going and volunteering for such a great cause and have met some really nice people locals and visitors.
VAPA

PostPosted: Jul Fri 29, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just checked and my flight is sold out and so is the next one. Oh my it might be voucher time with SW. The saga continues.
VAPA

PostPosted: Jul Fri 29, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and all flights to RNO are sold out for tomorrow.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Jul Fri 29, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do the hotels do when you can't get there as promised?
JD

PostPosted: Jul Fri 29, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Cancelling a Res. Reply with quote

I've asked that question of the reservation desk when they ask me for a credit card # for a comped room.

ME: Why do you need a CC for a comped room?
Them: If you do not check in by 6 pm and have not cancelled 24 hours earlier, your credit card will be charged (not FULL price but about $ 60).

ME: And if I DO show up, it's two free nights? But $ 60 x 2 if I do NOT show for some reason?

Them: Actually when you DO check in on a comped room, we ask you to check in between 1pm and 6 pm. We will run a $ 10 charge on your credit card to insure it's valid. When you check out, we will run a credit for that same $ 10. So you will see a charge but two days later a credit.....sometimes a billing period might end in that two days.

------------------------

So by that conversation my conclusion:

If you don't show or cancel within 24 hours of the FIRST DAY check in...They will charge you for two days. THEN they will sell your room again...and on a HAN weekend...at TOP DOLLAR.

But each place seems to have a slightly different policy. But always ambiguous.

I cannot believe they would charge a no show HAN volunteer with airline problems .... especially when they will sell the room at TOP DOLLAR to a spur of the moment no reservation.

But they will likely never tell you IF they sold YOUR ROOM or for WHAT RATE.

When I've driven in the winter and was thinking I might have to stop in route for the snow....I've wondered what they might do if I showed up for second night only. There is NO cell service between K, Falls and Reno and I've forgotten how to use a pay phone.

----------------------

Now VAPA: What hotel has your reservation and is it a "deal" for HAN volunteers?

And is SW STILL having "issues" (with flights, reservations, or ticketing?

And where are you flying FROM? Did you have a confirmed airline reservation and ticket?
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Jul Sat 30, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay Phone? I haven't seen one of those in Years, if you found one it
probably won''t work cause it's been vandalized?
VAPA

PostPosted: Jul Sun 31, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did have a ressy and no special deal for HAN. Yes. confirmed ressy on SW and flying from VA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: