Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beer NV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeschmeaux

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Beer NV Reply with quote

Wow! Beer NV (pronounced beer envy) is a beer bar (and full bar) on Foothill off South Virginia in Reno (in the vicinity of WinCo Foods and Nu Yalk Pizza) that has 60 taps with a digital menu board which shows ABV % and how much is left in each keg. It offers 4, 8 and 16 oz pours at prorated prices and also crowlers to go (32 oz cans of anything on tap but nitrogen conditioned). I've been there the last two nights. They don't serve food, but you can bring your own (last night I ordered from Los Compadres, the Mexican place a few doors down, which delivered to me at the bar; and we brought Pepusas from Yessenia tonight). They have a happy hour 7 days a week, but I think it applies more to pints and cocktails than flights of 4oz pours.

Tonight I had 4 oz pours of Rogue Dead Guy, IMBIB Amber Rye IPA, Idaho Brewing Co Black Lager, Moylans Dragoon's Dry Irish Stout, New Holland Dragon's Milk, Drakes/Great Basin Ludwig's Scorn (an awesome 12.8% wheat wine), and Ballast Point Sculpin. Total Bill was $14. The bartender was awesome too! She's a true beer enthusiast who was quick to offer tastes and recommend extraordinary brews when asked -- this is the only place I've ever been offered tastes in order to decide on a flight sized pour! Tomorrow is sushi night for my crowd (sushi pier two), but I expect to go back to Beer NV at least once more before I leave town on Wednesday -- I want to at least get a crowler of that Ludwig's Scorn!

I highly recommend Beer NV to anybody who likes good beer! They have many styles of beer and a bunch of ciders as well. It is a few miles out of the way of most Reno visitors, but well worth the trip -- and with 4 oz pours, even the designated driver can have a few without worrying about overdoing it!

Bottoms up!

BTW, to whom it may concern, contrary to the way it might appear, I'm not affiliated with Beer NV in any way other than as a customer.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: These ain't no "Suds"... Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! I'm especially impressed that you were able to try so many different types of beers without experiencing a highly adverse reaction from your digestive system...I know that I have to watch it when that kind of thing is available!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Beer!!! Reply with quote

It looks like a great place for a brew. I am going to need a designated driver. I see they also have a Happy Hour. In looking over the list of beers, I was surprised to see I have had a good number of the offerings.
http://beernv.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: