Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May visit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjames1229

PostPosted: Feb Thu 25, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: May visit Reply with quote

The USBC Open Championships bowling tournament is coming back to Reno this year (starting in about a week).

I had knee surgery in October, so I gave up my spot on a team because I didn't think I'd be ready to compete. Recovery went quicker than planned and I started bowling the first part of February, so I started looking to put together a team for this year.

Then in early-February, I lost my job.

But because of good, clean living (and my guardian Angel) I have already found a new full time job... actually a contract position through October, but couldn't pass up what they want to pay me.

So... My trip to Reno is back on. I am targeting Memorial Day weekend (in part because I won't get paid for Memorial Day anyway, so it doesn't actually "cost" me anything to miss work).

Let's keep my fingers crossed that I stay healthy, my job remains rewarding, that God-willing and the creeks don't rise I can come back to Reno for a few days. I was there for four years in a five year stretch (2010, 11, 13 and 14) and it seems like forever since I have been there.
remano

PostPosted: Feb Fri 26, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your speedy recovery and re-employment. Hope you have a good trip in May, but here in Reno after 5 years of drought we do hope the creeks rise, at least a little bit.
salemgambler

PostPosted: Feb Fri 26, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that!
Hope the job situation works out. Not having a job can be scary.
Good luck and remember.........KARMA ( good) will always be on your side.
SeahawkSiren

PostPosted: Feb Fri 26, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you found a new job so quickly and about your speedy recovery from surgery. Great news!

Also good to hear you have an upcoming Reno trip to look forward to. A visit to Reno can always lift the spirits! Take care.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Mon 07, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Bowler, heal thyself... Reply with quote

Wow, that's some drama, there - glad to hear your mend has gone quickly, and that you've rebounded from the unemployment blues...sure is a lotta that going around...

We look forward to your bowling/trip report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: