Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PNW to RNO!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jan Mon 11, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: PNW to RNO! Reply with quote

Another annual trip in the books. Short version? Bloody Marys, $0.50 craps at the Cal-Neva Grand, shows all dark, martini or 5 at Roxy's happy hour, an awesome burger and fries and wings at Beefy's on Virginia, excellent customer service at the Legacy, nice wine and steak at Roxy's for dinner, awesome breakfast at Peg's, ok massage at Silver Legacy, bad run at the SL tables, great new slot machine (Rolling Stones) but scared everyone away with my singing, fake Elvis in Silver Baron Lounge was packed, relaxing day at Peppermill Toscana Spa, and best meal & gaming? Little old Western Village in Sparks, next to the truck stop. Top to bottom, best meal and our new steakhouse go-go.

And how did your weekend go?
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Mon 11, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

My weekend was OK. Thanks for asking. Except compared to yours. I guess the Western Village has retained it's old Peppermill style neon madness? I hope so. Will there be a longer version of the trip report? You did pretty good with that one long sentence!
Shooty

PostPosted: Jan Tue 12, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Western Village is completely remodeled, it looks more like Vegas' Mirage now.

I've never hit Beefy's, though I've considered it, thanks for the encouragement.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jan Tue 12, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Yes, *that* is a great weekend! Reply with quote

Nowhere near as good as yours - thanks for filling us in!
JD

PostPosted: Jan Tue 12, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"FAKE ELVIS" at Silver Baron Lounge??? I love that bar. And the bartenders love the $ 2 bill guy from Portland. There's often a one man band I like but the bartenders HATE with a passion. I find out later he tells the same jokes, same songs, same order every night. But they were new to ME. And I hit a couple of hot hands there...and drank a LOT of "Mr. Carano said he would like me to try his Cabernet that won some award".....
SeahawkSiren

PostPosted: Jan Sat 16, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zydeco - Sounds like you had a fun trip and also covered a lot of ground. I knew Roxy's was known for its 102 martinis but did not know until now having just looked at the website that it also has 350 wines! I will definitely have to check out that extensive list and try a few, or several, of "never had that wine before" on my upcoming trip!

Glad you had excellent customer service at Silver Legacy! I will also have to try the new Rolling Stones slot machine!
Crapsjunkie

PostPosted: Jan Wed 27, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Where the Hell is .50 Craps? Reply with quote

WV in Sparks?
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jan Thu 28, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Westen Village at the truck stop!
JSR1968

PostPosted: Jan Fri 29, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:
"FAKE ELVIS" at Silver Baron Lounge??? I love that bar. And the bartenders love the $ 2 bill guy from Portland. There's often a one man band I like but the bartenders HATE with a passion. I find out later he tells the same jokes, same songs, same order every night. But they were new to ME. And I hit a couple of hot hands there...and drank a LOT of "Mr. Carano said he would like me to try his Cabernet that won some award".....

I don't think I have ever had bad bar service at Silver Legacy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: