Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oakland - Reno non-stops coming

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: Dec Tue 08, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Oakland - Reno non-stops coming Reply with quote

According to Southwest Airlines they will be adding 3 daily non-stop flights between Oakland and Reno starting June 5. Tickets are expected to start at $49 one way, and with SW bags are free. One more option for the Bay Area, and possible connections to other cities. I'm sure more details will follow.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Tue 08, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: More flights is always good. Reply with quote

Now yer talkin'!

I made the Oakland->Reno flight once; the scenery was terrific, without the effort of the driving, and way faster. Nice to hear that the good times are coming back....
Shooty

PostPosted: Dec Wed 09, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, Remano, I was just coming to post this here, glad to see you were on it a day quicker.
dannta

PostPosted: Dec Thu 10, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southwest use to have non-stop flight from SJC to RNO, too bad they discontinued that route 2 years ago, the only non-stop flight is on Alaska Airlines which I much preferred.
remano

PostPosted: Dec Thu 10, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the spookiest flights I’ve experienced was a Southwest Oakland to Reno flight. LAX was shut down because of limited visibility due to smoke from area wildfires. As a result connections were not being made and things were backing up. The airport in Oakland looked like O’Hare during a blizzard – people sleeping in the hallways, overflowing the waiting areas, crowding around the monitors. After waiting for about 3 hours I noticed a flight for Reno being called on time,that is, scheduled to leave 3 hours after us. When I asked the gate attendant why they had skipped us, she hand wrote a boarding pass and told me to go to a gate about 4 spots down the concourse. To get the planes back on schedule they were sending that one to Reno without taking the time to load passengers and luggage. Only the people who complained got boarding passes. That meant there were only 3 passengers (including me) in the whole plane, like being on a ghost plane. It was a night flight so all was dark and I expected to see that creature from the Twilight Zone walking on the wing at any moment. We got to Reno OK and it was kind of nice being able to deplane without waiting in line. To top things off our luggage had been sent on an earlier plane and was already there waiting for us upon arrival. Still, it’s not something I long to do again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: