Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching for Visitreno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: May Sun 17, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Searching for Visitreno Reply with quote

I was on the road and decided to check on Visit Reno- the best Reno site on the internet. I have an android platform phone with a voice command for searching the internet. I asked for "Visit Reno" and the real site came up number 2 in my search. Visit Renotahoe came up first (did I ask for Tahoe?) and then came up in 2nd place was Visit Reno. I checked a couple of other network site engines on my computer, and every time the Renotahoe site was the first. My Google search showed Visitreno #5. I don't get it, as exactly what I asked for did not come up first.

I suppose you have to pay to get up the chain of searches?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 18, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: I dunno, I only built the site Reply with quote

Thanks for checking up on this, Swede. I don't think the acutal name of the site carries much importance to the search engines. Rankings are based on many factors, each of which is assigned various degrees of importance. Some of these factors are the actual content that visitors read, things called "head tags" that are primarily for the search engines, the actual page names, the page titles and keywords that relate to the page. The search engines secretly change the value of each topic in order to minimize "search engine spamming".

I used to put a lot of time into getting good ranking on the search engines, but don't worry about it any more. If I had products to sell, it would be a different story. On the other hand, Visitrenotahoe.com (Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority) is very driven and has the resources to keep them high in the rankings.
stan_allen

PostPosted: May Tue 19, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Frothy head tag Reply with quote

Yeh, those guys have billboards in the Bay area, and the whole bit. I've even looked at 'em once or twice, just to see what they're doing over in enemy territory.

They may have funding, high placement, and all of that, but you know what they don't have? The love. Can't get that anywhere but here!
CaSwede

PostPosted: May Thu 21, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: I get it Reply with quote

Thanks John for the inside scoop. Yes, Stan you are correct- we got the love over here.
jerry

PostPosted: May Tue 26, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: hugs from me Reply with quote

OK, I will join in and send a hug to everyone on here.
Agape love to all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: