Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

39 Days and Counting!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSR1968

PostPosted: Dec Mon 29, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: 39 Days and Counting!!! Reply with quote

It will have been 16 months or so since my last trip (October 2013) and that is long enough!

I would go in to why I didn't do a trip report (travel companion was a TOTAL pain in the ass) but I don't want to bore you.

The combination of three things is why I will be in Reno from Feb 6 - Feb 9.

#1 - I got a r/t flight from Columbus Ohio to Sacramento for $243.
#2 - I got 2 free nights, $100 free play and $30 food comp at Grand Sierra Resort.
#3 - Feb 7 is my birthday.

A good friend of mine lives in Folsom, CA and is kind enough to pick me up, drive us to Reno (and back) and let me stay at his house until I leave on the 10th.

Looking fwd to this trip BIG TIME!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Wed 31, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Alright! Reply with quote

Sounds great! Looking forward to a winning report from "JSR at the GSR"!
JSR1968

PostPosted: Jan Mon 12, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Alright! Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
Sounds great! Looking forward to a winning report from "JSR at the GSR"!

I hope you are correct on the title!!!

25 days!
JSR1968

PostPosted: Jan Wed 28, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 days!!!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Jan Fri 30, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Getting close Reply with quote

" 9 days!!! "

But who is counting? It sounds like a great plan for a Reno trip. I look forward to hearing about the great results. Yep, ditch that P.I.T.A. travel mate.

Let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday! I am thinking you should be able to milk that into at least a free drink or more.
JSR1968

PostPosted: Feb Mon 02, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGE changes had to be made!!!

I changed my flight to Columbus to Reno (Fri - Tue) due to work obligations for my friend from Folsom.

The "offer" from GSR turned out to be not such a great deal imo. They wanted me to pay FULL PRICE for the room up front (would have been $400+ total) and they would comp me on the back end. The catch is that my $100 free play and $30 food would be taken out first. I got a Sky Tower room at Circus Circus for $170 for all 4 nights. This way I don't have to move.

I am supposed to get in town at 11:55am local time on Friday.

4 days!!!
JSR1968

PostPosted: Feb Mon 02, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Getting close Reply with quote

CaSwede wrote:
" 9 days!!! "

But who is counting? It sounds like a great plan for a Reno trip. I look forward to hearing about the great results. Yep, ditch that P.I.T.A. travel mate.

Let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday! I am thinking you should be able to milk that into at least a free drink or more.

Thanks CaSwede!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Mon 02, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: For the best ... Reply with quote

Sorry to her your GSR deal went sour. But, downtown is what it's all about anyway! Awful-Awfuls, maybe Shooter's, the Cal Neva and some new joints to check out. And you'll still be there for your Birthday. Have a price of cake from the Eldorado's awesome bakery! Still looking forward to your trip report.
JSR1968

PostPosted: Feb Tue 03, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: For the best ... Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
Sorry to her your GSR deal went sour. But, downtown is what it's all about anyway! Awful-Awfuls, maybe Shooter's, the Cal Neva and some new joints to check out. And you'll still be there for your Birthday. Have a price of cake from the Eldorado's awesome bakery! Still looking forward to your trip report.

Thanks BC Dave. I thought it was a bit misleading but at least I don't have to move.

Things on my list to do this trip.

#1 Awful Awful - Ive been going to Reno since 1990 and have never had one!!!
#2 Bar/Pub crawl on Saturday for my birthday. Silver Peak, Shooters, Brew Brothers, Sierra Tap House, West 2nd St and a few others...
#3 Definitely walk through Cal Neva. cheap beer and I like the race/sports book.
#4 Sunday Brunch at Sterlings.
#5 Watch Ohio State hoops on Sunday at 2:30. Dunno where yet.

3 days!!!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Tue 03, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: I'm jealous Reply with quote

Sound like a plan - a great plan!
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Feb Wed 04, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: enjoy! Reply with quote

Enjoy your trip! I'd say that the GSR thing was a bad accident waiting to happen. Downtown is so much better anyway.

I always found Reno to be awesome as far as birthday recognition goes, so be sure to live it up! Looks like you've got a good list of things planned. The chili and bacon add-ons to the Awful Awful are totally worth it, and the Awesome Dog is also really good (in the event you decide to go for a second visit).

Mammothgambler
JSR1968

PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: I'm jealous Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
Sound like a plan - a great plan!

Definitely looking fwd to it!
JSR1968

PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: enjoy! Reply with quote

Mammothgambler wrote:
Enjoy your trip! I'd say that the GSR thing was a bad accident waiting to happen. Downtown is so much better anyway.

I always found Reno to be awesome as far as birthday recognition goes, so be sure to live it up! Looks like you've got a good list of things planned. The chili and bacon add-ons to the Awful Awful are totally worth it, and the Awesome Dog is also really good (in the event you decide to go for a second visit).

Mammothgambler

The more I think about it the more I like staying within walking distance of several places so I agree with you Mammoth.

I am with you on the bacon add!
JSR1968

PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time tomorrow I will be in the air!!!

Checked in this morning and it says my plane from Columbus to Vegas 4+ hours) doesn't have WiFi but my flight from Vegas to Reno (1 hour) does...

DAMN!!!

LOL
remano

PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecast is for unseasonably warm weather, cloudy, maybe a little rain, high winds Friday. With the area about 4 years into a record drought and coming off the second driest January in history the locals are hoping for rain, although it can complicate a visitor's plans.

Maybe think about visiting Heritage at Whitney Peak. It's new, we had a great meal there and other reviews have been mostly positive.

Have a great trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: