Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Saves Reno!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 26, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: John Saves Reno! Reply with quote

If you check out the Virginia Street Webcam (here) in the next few days you will see an extraordinary sight - Reno is over-flowing, jam-packed and busting at the seams with tourists. A lot of these tourists will have gotten their information about the Street Vibrations event from it's official website (here). And to whom do we owe this great contribution to Reno's prosperity? Why, just our own Mr. Reno otherwise known as John M.

So, thank you John - from the looks of things on the webcam, the event is a big success!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 26, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Awww, shucks Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Dave. Thanks also to the city of Reno for putting up the web cam, which allows me to run Street Vibrations from home.

On the downside, weather.com is predicting an 80% chance of rain for tomorrow. Bad for Street Vibrations, but good for Northern California. It could put the big fire out.
JD

PostPosted: Sep Fri 26, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading the RGJ and saw the rain forecast.

There's going to be some wet Harley riders in Reno tomorrow.

Friday
62°
45°
20%
Cloudy with spotty showers
4mph WNW
Saturday
62°
44°
24%
Periods of rain
8mph NW
Sunday
65°
42°
29%
Rather cloudy, showers around
5mph NNW
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 26, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: As Batman has his Robin Reply with quote

Holy "Rain on our Parade" Mr. Reno! That evil "Weatherman" is threatening to douse one of our fair city's big events.

"Fear not, for I have an idea young BCD - if we can get all those Hogs to start up and rev their engines for half an hour at about noon tomorrow - in theory at least - it should induce a small climatic change - enough to drive those grey clouds westward and back to the King fire where the precipitation would actually be welcome."

Pure genius Mr. Reno!

"That's why I'm a Webmaster, young David, and your just a lowly moderator!"
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Sat 27, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Wet but undampened Reply with quote

Just checked the Virginia Street Webcam again. Still gazillions of people on Virginia street despite the damp conditions. Go Reno!
Zydeco

PostPosted: Sep Sat 27, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARRRGUGH. Can't see the webcam although I am running on Safari per their recommendation. Only get a white screen. Been like this forever. I'm on a Mac. Did I mention ARRUGUGH.
JD

PostPosted: Sep Sat 27, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some wet, cold, pissed off Harley riders to me.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Sep Sat 27, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Looks like some wet, cold, pissed off Harley riders to me.

Nah, they are used to it, it's the bullets that piss them off!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Sun 28, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Still wet Reply with quote

Bad Luck! Here it is Sunday and it still looks wet - and not too warm either. The weather's supposed to improve tomorrow. Oh well, it looks like the turn-out was good anyway.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Sep Sun 28, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tents are coming down and it looks like the rain has stopped. The
good news is there is no bad news from the media about the weekend.
Hoorah. The place is still intact!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Sun 28, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Job well done! Reply with quote

Looks like you pulled it off John. Take the rest of the year off. Enjoy the warm weather and the sunshine - it starts tomorrow.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Mon 29, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Good morning, sunshine Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave. Unfortunately, Harley (god of motorcycle rallies) wasn't too friendly this year. Rained out 2 of 5 days. Now I'm looking at a nearly cloudless sky. It just ain't fair - after all, Reno is in the desert. Maybe next year will be better.
JD

PostPosted: Sep Tue 30, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...so I WAS goig to start my trip report.
And it WAS going to start with snickering at the bad ass bikers that I saw driving NORTH (in the rain) as I drove SOUTH.

But that would be bad.

But funny.

So I will just say, KARMA is a funny thing. When you try to be good, the Gods have a way of reminding us to be humble.

Lucky for me, I brought a large stash of $ 2 bills with me this trip. And they seem to be working. Just ask "Tony" at the Atlantis Oyster Bar if he has any $ 2 bills he'll sell you.

I think it's almost bed time now.... so lest just say it's been a good trip (so far).

The details will soon be posted in my upcoming trip report.

And it really was funny driving from Portland (not a drop of rain in OREGON) to the torrential downpour in Susanville with the bikers trying to get home.

I do love this town. And John really does "SAVE RENO"

Oh....and it's now only "raining" at the Oyster Bar.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Tue 30, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: good job Reply with quote

I am thinking that "mother nature" has a grudge for the motorcycle crowd. Nothing but rain and cold for their event. On their way out of town in the rain "mother nature" was spitting in their faces. After they leave town the sun comes out.

The next job for John is not to save Reno, but to save JD from getting into trouble in Reno. The work for John never ends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: