Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the etiquette at Reno buffets surprise you

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Apr Mon 14, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Does the etiquette at Reno buffets surprise you Reply with quote

The etiquette at some buffets is quite different than others. For instance the Pep is quite different than Harrah's or so I think.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Mon 14, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Etiquette Reply with quote

Can't say I really noticed this. Are you referring to the manners of the staff? Over the last couple of years, I have been to the Eldorado's buffet, the Pep's and the Silver Legacy's. The staff at each were generally courteous and attentive.
dfens

PostPosted: Apr Mon 14, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Staff... patrons.. it's all the same.. CRAZY Reply with quote

I'm not absolutely clear on if Vapa is referring to the staff or customers, but they both can vary. The worst I've seen by customers is at Harrah's, which is the worst buffet in town for their price point. I saw some low-rent people cutting in line for food, throw food back into the buffet line and impatient people in general.

Outside Reno, I've been to sushi buffets where people will storm the lines when fresh food comes out. My wife got caught up in a mad dash for crab legs once. My wife screamed and held her plate above her head as a herd of old people pushed their way into the buffet line. It was like the Geriatric Olympics meet Old People Gone Wild for Crab Legs.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Mon 14, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Let nothing surprsise you, ever. Reply with quote

That's my motto, over the years - spend long enough at any particular location, and you'll witness it all - the good, the bad, and the so very, very ugly.

But that's just the nature of the game - maintain your street smarts, hold your head high when you walk, and let no one interfere with what's yours.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Apr Mon 14, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't put anything your fond of near their pie hole!!
Zydeco

PostPosted: Apr Mon 14, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mantra for buffet users….that I wish they would use: "You can go back for seconds, the food won't run out, you don't need to pile 473 crab legs precariously on your plate, you can go back".
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Tue 15, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Traffic flow Reply with quote

At every buffet I've patronized, there seems to be no direction to the traffic flow. Folks just wander aimlessly about or head directly to their favorite items. No matter which direction I'm going, there's always someone going the other way, resulting in a near collision. Let's lobby for directional signs and arrows on the floor. Maybe armed guards to enforce it. Guard dogs, too. Kids should be on leashes.
JD

PostPosted: Apr Tue 15, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL barfetts are merely chow lines. Sometimes good chow... but not all that far removed from Basic Training.

And don't get me started on tipping the busboy for bringing a drink.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 16, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: John at the buffet Reply with quote

As mentioned in my report, John was kind enough to bestow upon us a couple of Peppermill buffet comps. While Janice and I picked our way through the many offerings, we noticed John experiencing some exasperation as he determinedly worked his way from the Dessert counter to the Oriental food, Steak frying spot and then on to the Salad bar. It was obvious that most people were moving counter to his well coordinated strategy. And he displayed remarkable etiquette (and balance) when he brought us each a plate of crab legs - each plate containing a mere 157 legs.

We tipped the bus-boys with $2 bitcoins for each glass of water and again when we got clean cutlery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: