Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big RGJ report on "Hello, Hollywood"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Feb Sun 02, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Big RGJ report on "Hello, Hollywood" Reply with quote

Reno Gazette Journal has a long and informative piece on the 1980's huge Vegas style show "Hello Hollywood" at the MGM Grand (Grand Sierra). Maybe John or Mammoth Gambler can post a few pics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hello+hollywood+hello+mgm+grand&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XGjuUsv1DMb0oAS52YCoDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=979&bih=431

I was lucky enough to see some of those shows and the writer goes into way more detail on the history of the big show history in Nevada. Excellent read.

For those of us that actually SAW the show (or SPLASH) this really is a blast from the past.

RGJ gives a few "free looks" but if you click around too much, you'll get a "subscribe now to continue" message:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20140202/LIV/302020004/-Hello-Hollywood-Hello-Iconic-stage-show-still-resonates-Reno-arts-community
Zydeco

PostPosted: Feb Mon 03, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that the airplane is still on the stage! We saw "Splash" in 1992 or 1993. Great stuff….
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Mon 10, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw Hello Hollywood, but I was thinking it was back in the late 1970's. It was really the first big show that I saw and I remember my dad tipping the guy $20 (a lot of money back then) for better seats. It didn't work as we were seated in the back. Mostly I remember the costumes of the ladies Shocked and the plane.

We were given a tour by a GSR host about a year ago and she told us the plane is still there and they bring it out once in awhile.

That stage is huge!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> The Best of Reno All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: