Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milestone!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Sat 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Milestone! Reply with quote

John has hit 1000 posts! Alison in second place, with Stan and BC Dave rounding the last turn.
Zydeco

PostPosted: Nov Sun 10, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up all around! Cheers!
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Nov Sun 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestone! Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
John has hit 1000 posts! Alison in second place, with Stan and BC Dave rounding the last turn.

So he won an all expense payed trip to Reno. Great work John, keep
up the great work! This post should get me a free beer up stairs at
Cal Neva. I'll be waiting. See ya there!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 11, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Let's look at this... Reply with quote

This board was put online in December, 2005. BC Dave, Stan_Allen and I have been members since then and Alison joined us in January, 2006. I guess that makes us the founding founders and mother. Oh, that could sound better. Other prolific posters that have been with us since 2005/06 are Hawk, JD, Remano, Mammothgambler, Jerry and CaSwede.

I've noticed other boards have a ranking system based on the number of posts. So, here are my question:

Should we instigate a ranking system?
If so, how many ranks?
Minimum number of posts to attain each rank?
What should we call these ranks?
Hello? Is this thing on?
mjames1229

PostPosted: Nov Mon 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gaining ground now!
PEB

PostPosted: Nov Mon 11, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Very Happy
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Mon 11, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjames1229 wrote:
I'm gaining ground now!

I better start watching my rear as you are gaining on me. Speaking of rear what has happened to - spank me Alison?
alison

PostPosted: Nov Wed 13, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I better get posting. Dont want anyone to catch up to me! Unfortunatley times have been hard and i havent been to reno in over a year. I logged in online and no offers from the pep since it has been so long. I do have a reservation for New Years at the Pep, but most likely we will have to cancel. Not to stoked about it. Hope everyone is doing good.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Wed 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Nice to have you back Alison! Reply with quote

I was wondering if CaSwede's post was going to bring you back out of the hinterland. Nice to hear from you and it's always a thrill for us guys to see your Avatar brightening our pages.

Sorry to hear things haven't been at their best for you. I know I speak for all of us in wishing you much better days ahead.

Did you see the slot machine card I made for John's birthday? http://www.visitreno.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1812. You pretty much had to be the "wild" card! I'm working on an animated version of it which should be posted soon. (It's a bit more work than I thought.)
JD

PostPosted: Nov Wed 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the new guy?

Oh....right above me?

OK, Mr. Junior Vice President of Moderation:

If you want to prove you run a tight ship,

How about putting a page end on the end of Mammoth's Mammoth post so we can read recent posts without scrolling thru twenty five thousand dollars worth of jackpots I did NOT GET.

Oh and John....there's a parrot special on tonight on PBS. 8:00 in my area.

But I doubt there;s much you didn;t already know. Maybe Charlie would like to watch it.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Wed 13, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Beyond my scope Reply with quote

JD, I'm afraid I can't help you, but I can sympathize. That is technical stuff that only the WebMaster (or some hacker) can do. I draw funny pictures and can edit posts but I hope I don't have to do the latter.

I'll run your suggestion by John, via email, in case he missed your post.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Thu 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Quality vs. Quantity Reply with quote

Meh - ranking, shmanking; that's my input. I'm just pleased to be considered an "old timer" - it's both honor and burden, rolled into one.

JD, you are obliged to look at all those jackpots just to read a one-sentence response; it's an incentive system to gamble more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: