Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

went by so fast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycran

PostPosted: Oct Wed 30, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: went by so fast Reply with quote

You know I have lost days in Reno before but whole seasons?
We left home at 4 am had an uneventful drive (which is a good thing) and arrived about 9hrs later and it was around 70 and hot (summer) , then there was zombies everwhere(fall) then a few days later a winter wonderland on our return trip.

Funny thing happened on driveover , I took over driving at Susanville where my wife climbed in the back to lie down. When she woke I was on the start of the split road before Bordwer town passing a couple cars up a blind corner and she says Hey you know there could be a car coming and of corse I say so I'm feeling lucky. She yells again pull over I'm driving. Took me 10 minutes to convince her we were on the freeway and no cars coming at us..

We stopped at Bordertown and felt guilty about using thier restrooms,so tried leaving them some money but the VP machine kept hitting.

Stayed at Harrahs in the petstay rooms, thanks to a tip from spdmrcht. Did most of our gambling at Cal-neva. Did pretty good at the BJ that stan-allen told me about he was right on,doubled up my $100 buy in then gave 10 of it back the following day but played several hours so thats a win in my book. Really enjoyed the double deck and even won some on the royal match bonus, which I rarely play the side bets but it kept hitting.

played some pai gow poker and watched a guy at our table win over $1200 in 2 hands on the side bet. I lost my $60 buyin but after an hour and a half of playing with a good group of people so was pleased. Only game I was not happy with was the 25 cent rams ( I know mammouth warned us about them) should of grown a pair and played the $1 ones.

We were supposed to go to a lunch but the wife hit a Royal Flush on a VP at harrahs (of corse only betting one unit,always tell her to play max coins but she says it would never have come up if she had been) so i couldn't drag her away.I play alot more VP than her so figures she would get one,mines coming though

Went and saw Grease for the wifey but we both enjoyed it,haven't been to many shows.

Grandson hit a nice pot on the first day at Cal-Neva but not much after that. Slots were up and down for me, no hand pays .....yet.

We sure had a great time but didnt make it out of downtown,I want to see western village, pepermill, atlantis and have not been back to the nugget in Sparks for several years.

Snow was sure beautiful in the mountains when we left ,glad we went early because some of the roads above Susanville were starting to cover over but only one corner was bad. Anyways thanks to everyone here ,you all always make our trips better.

Happy Halloween to all, Wynn
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Oct Wed 30, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a good trip, the Zombies were over the top, never seen
so many great makeup jobs. I'm not to sure about the new VP machines
at Harrah's? They weren't very good to me this trip. May have to switch to
blazing 7s, But I hate standing in line. LOL.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Thu 31, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: good report Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to report back on your trip. Congratulations on your wife hitting a royal. You say she was playing one unit. I hope she was playing the $100 denomination machines? Ha.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Thu 31, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Another WIN for Cal-Neva (Sorry, Steve Wynn!) Reply with quote

God, I love it when a plan comes together. Great job on the Cal-Neva Blackjack, and all the other fun!

See, Stan doesn't steer ya wrong...

Thanks for the report...go back, and generate more good news!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: