Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No real topic...just a place for Jerry to ramble.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 19, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: No real topic...just a place for Jerry to ramble. Reply with quote

Hey Jerry
Sorry I haven't commented on your new Avatar. I have been at work for eight days and feeling a little drained. Your Avatar looks a lot more like your old one so I like it. I think I could find you again if I had a copy of it in my shirt pocket.

My Reno adventure fast approacheth and I'm getting excited. Looking forward to Happy Hour at the Shrine and of course the Fireside. Hope JM can make it out for these decadent pleasures as well. I'll keep a notepad with me at all times so that all events of greater significance than a pair of Jacks are posted here for all to read.

I'll be posting on a more regular basis now in the days leading up to my trip. Hopefully my creative juices start flowing and I come up with some breathtaking new Avatars as well!

BC Dave
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Wed 19, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: now rambling Reply with quote

Welcome back to A BCD.

I have missed you but I doubt that anyone else even knew you were gone. Twisted Evil (Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one)

If you were not around, then perhaps you missed the earlier version of the current avatar, which was before my last shave.
Maybe I'll have to bring it back - just for you. Very Happy

Stay in touch. I am still working on my bride to undertake a trip to NV.
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Tue 25, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: pairing up Reply with quote

"greater significance than a pair of Jack"

Hey, Dave, a pair of Jacks is far better than "a pair of JOHNS".
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 28, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Johns? Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Hawk;
There's two of them?

B.C. Dave
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Fri 28, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Two Johns? Reply with quote

BCD: I sincerely hope not.

Though, once in an old Montana ghost town, I did see a two-story John (outhouse). I often thought I would prefer to use the top one of the two.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Fri 28, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: two johns Reply with quote

Oh, perish the thought.
OTOH, I am very grateful that we do have the one we have.
Now, the roof will cave in cause I said something nice about our precocious leader.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Fri 28, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: dave, take a look Reply with quote

Well, Dave, in my ongoing effort to gain your approval, I have now let my hair grow out a bit and the beard is back.

How's it look?
It feels itchy. Quite a change for me. How long does it take to get used to all this hair on one's body, oh hirsute ones??
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sat 29, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: hirsute Reply with quote

I'm not qualified to comment.

BC Dave
grace

PostPosted: Apr Sat 29, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry??? Hawk???? Who is whom????? I've been to the East Coast for a few weeks and I am CONFUSED? Where is "Ohmah Love the Dark Woods" man??? I missed a lot in a short while. Somebody set me staight!!!

Anyway, whomever is coming this a'way for the weekend --- Motorcross Races are raging in Virginia City. And if you're not into dirt bikes, oh well, the Virginia Gunfighters are out in the middle of C Street having heir shoot out! BTW, tomorrow's the last day for the races.

Hey RenoLady ----- did you ever bring your mother-in-law to Virginia City? I hope you did.

Who's the new person from New Jersey?????? Welcome aboard the VisitReno Train!! I just spent about 10 days in Pt. Pleasant and it's really a nice place to visit. Especially the Boardwalks. Lots to "see and do" there, and RED'S Lobster House is TERRIFIC, except you have to BYOB (bring your own booze) (See, us guys from the Left Coast do go to the East Coast and enjoy the visit just as much as y'all enjoy Reno). Of course, Atlantic City doesn't come close to Reno in hospitality and laid-back-ed-ness.

AAAhhhhhhh! It's good to be home again.
(Ps. Jerry, identify yourself, please........)
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Sat 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: velcum bakk Reply with quote

Hi, Grace,
Sounds like a great trip. We are all glad for you. Actually you didn't miss much. Kinda quiet around here.

Grace wrote: "Somebody set me straight!!! "
Well, Grace you'll have to find a better man than me to "set you straight".

As far as personas go, it is on a "need to know" basis.

Omah lives and he still loves the dark woods.

As for point pleasant, I never heard of any beaches there. Though the Point Pleasant I am familiar with is home of the Mothman and the Silver Bridge Tragedy. Never heard of a PP on the seashore.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 30, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: velcum bakk Reply with quote

jerry wrote:

As far as personas go, it is on a "need to know" basis.

That's just Jerry's way of saying he doesn't know either!

BC Dave
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Sun 30, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: thin ice Reply with quote

Dave, I feel as moderator that I am going to have to warn you. Like Stan, you are skating on thin ice.
You absolutely crack me up with your funny comments and innovative avatars. Jerry tells me he sometimes leaves the computer and rolls on the floor after your postings. I fear he may have a heart attack (if laughter can bring one on)

Needless to say, we don't want to lose either of you.
Heck, I don't want to stifle creativity. So keep posting and entertaining the group. I'll try to control Jerry.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 30, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Hawk

I'll tell Jerry you said Hi.

BC Dave
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Sun 30, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: new avvie, baby Reply with quote

Oooh, Dave, ah lubs da nu avuhtar.

But, really, why would one look for an upstanding citizen such as I in a dive like Shooters? Question Question Question

I am more the Tuesday Fireside Lounge type where the sophisticates hang out.
(Oops, I forgot you already met me so that idea likely won't sell either)

At the Tuesday fireside, I can buy 4 great beers for the price of ONE at Shooters and the Fireside supplies me with unlimited shrimp cocktails.
The downside is that one cannot go there without you-know-who showing up to suck up the cheap booze.

Hummm, can you say, The Bird Boy of Firesidetraz??
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 01, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, the next time you come to Reno...

"Be vewy, vewy afwaid".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: