Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNT -- April 11, 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Sun 16, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: TNT -- April 11, 2006 Reply with quote

TNT for Tuesday Night Tippling.

This is for everyone. However, Kevin will especially relate to part of it.

Suppose you gave a party and the guest of honor did not show.
This is different than, "You guys get us a beer. I'll be right back". The two of you stand there with nine beers in your hands (quickly dwindling down to 5 after about 15 minutes) before you begin searching to see if the guy is still alive.- But, the honored guest disappears and is not seen again that trip.

So, what if he simply disappears BEFORE he shows up. Well, Kevin, that is the way it went down this time.

So, I drive all night, sleep in the car in 30 degree temps, just to make the TNT with "you know who". Upon arrival, I call to reconfirm (get an answering machine).
I show up at the appointed hour to indulge in the dollar imports and free horses ovaries. The guest of honor has yet to arrive. But, dutifully, I order for both of us: Fat Tire for me and a Heinie for "what's-his-name". Plus the ovaries, of course. After all, I do not wish to have "his honor" arrive and not find a cold Heinie and a plate of food at his spot.

The food and drink arrive. The waitress inquires about my imaginary "friend". I said he'll be right along (as if he is dependable).
I consume my ovaries and half my Fat Tire. Then I slide over the empty plate and eat "his" shrimp cocktail and ribs. Course, it is necessary at this point to also consume "his" Heineken to wash down the greasy ribs from the second plate.

(Incidentally, the dollar imports are now a dollar and a half).

So, I order a couple more rounds. The staff just keep bringing me plates of the horses ovaries. Plus I have now consumed an entire bottle of the Toasted/Smoked Almonds and enough Fat Tires and Heinies for TWO.

I don't embarrass easily but I was beginning to feel like the actor, Jimmy Stewart, when no one could see his invisible rabbit friend, Harvey.

I guess all is well that ends well. When I am about to get 86ed, he shows with a "valid excuse". (Hey, I'm a charitable guy). Actually, I think it had something to do with a call from Jamie --- but that's another story.

We slammed down a few more Heinies and Fat Tires and a bunch more ovaries and left feeling happy. Heck, I forgot he was late at that point.

So, there should be a moral to this story. Do any of you insiders who have done the TNT want to propose a moral for me???
I am having difficulty figuring just what it would be.

Actually a fun evening after I became "Unstood Up".
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Well, meet me for a drink tonight and I'll tell you. Reply with quote

Gee, no one had a response to this query?
I guess I'd have to say that the moral is not to look for a moral. Chalk up the loss to one of life's random inconsistencies, and move on to the next pint.
If it happens again, however, then you can pull out the old "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" routine.

Cheers!
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Hi Stan Reply with quote

It must have been the morality police that captured this thread.

Where is Kevin. I wrote most of this thread for his benefit.
Kevin, take off the apron and get on the Net -- your friends miss you.
kevin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: aprons off jerry. Reply with quote

Jerry,
You are right about the apron, I have been very busy the last few days, why is it that everytime i tell my wife we are going to reno she makes a honeydo list of things to get done before we leave. Twisted Evil .
To be honest jerry, I am kinda surprised that you know who would do that, maybe it was like last time, he was on a poker machine that is out of the way, did you look for him.? I am surprised you know who has not tried to defend himself, maybe this will help, john where ever you are dont sit in the corner with your tail between your legs. explain yourself.

kevin.
ps jerry can john really kick me off this board.?????
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: kicking you off Reply with quote

Well, it might help if you could get the moderator in your corner.
OTOH, you may have to "moderate" your behaviour.

This is creepy. I am starting to sound like Stan. I won't write anymo--
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 21, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: aprons off jerry. Reply with quote

kevin wrote:
I am surprised you know who has not tried to defend himself, maybe this will help, john where ever you are dont sit in the corner with your tail between your legs. explain yourself.

No need to. Jerry's a dork.
kevin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 21, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
I thought the moderater was in my corner. Very Happy
John, that wasnt much of a explaination. ?
You can do better than that cant you.
kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: