Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost, but the Pep's renovated Imperial Suites are awesome!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Mon 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Lost, but the Pep's renovated Imperial Suites are awesome! Reply with quote

Here's my overdue trip report for my two day excursion to Reno, May 8-10. This trip, I decided to switch things up a bit and stay at the Peppermill on the first night. I got a free Imperial Suite offer along with $30 of free play. I had only been in the tower rooms since the renovation and was curious to see what they did with some of the others, not to mention I was long overdue for a session or three in the famous black hot tub and the steam shower - both of which they kept intact, I was happy to discover.

Upon arriving at the Peppermill, my free play went in about 5 seconds. I got a gut instinct that a $1 Blazing 7s machine with an unusually high jackpot meter was about to hit, but $200 later, no luck. At the front desk, the express check-in kiosk got stuck (AGAIN!), so I had to check in with someone behind the counter. I was given an Imperial Suite on the 16th floor, a corner unit at the end of the hallway. These are the ones to get, as they're a little bit bigger than the others and have windows on two walls. Although I miss all the velour and hippie wallpaper, they did a really good job on the renovations, but the only thing I noticed is that the dining room table got replaced with almost too many sofas and armoires, so there's really no table or bar to sit down at now. Even the smallest of rooms these days seem to have a table and chairs for eating or laptop use when you're not playing. Still a really nice setup regardless. Here's a few shots:

Back downstairs a couple of hours later. Passed by the $1 Blazing 7s machine I was playing earlier and noticed that it still hadn't hit the jackpot. A man was playing it who looked like he had been there for a while, so I kept checking that area until he left. When he finally got up, he was getting ready to walk away, but decided to put some free play in. Two spins later, he hit the jackpot. AAAARGH, I HATE THIS SCENARIO! The few other machines I still play at the Pep seemed to stay occupied for the entire time I was there, so I didn't really have a good gaming experience overall. It seems like the Pep hasn't updated many of their machines in years, but like their website says, they're all 93% or greater payback, so maybe new ones are hard to come by or something. The Island Buffet was great, and not crowded at all. They have the best french fries and onion rings I think I've ever had.

No luck for the rest of the evening and morning between the Peppermill and the Atlantis. I've never had a single win at the Atlantis. Nothing. My card there says I have 1375 points, so I'm guessing I've lost about that many dollars there over the past few years. I'd love to ring a nice jackpot in there someday, call it even, and just move on!

After checking out of the Peppermill, I was down about $450 and decided to do "the walk" - from the Peppermill to downtown, that is. I love taking this walk whenever I can, and the weather couldn't have been better. Upon arriving downtown, I checked in to Harrah's, got a whole whopping $2 off of my $20 of free play, and it was off to the Silver Legacy to lose about $250 more. I also played a few machines at the Eldorado, as it had been a really long time, and cleared about $5. Like the case was at the Peppermill, I saw a few Blazing 7s machines with unusually high jackpot meters, but had no luck. Always a kicker when you see someone hit them hours later. This was definitely that kind of trip.

Back on the bus for Mammoth the next afternoon, down about $850. Glad I got those couple of $200 mixed 7s hits a couple of weeks later! Next trip is set for June 7, where I've got $130 free play at Harrah's, and $100 at the Grand Sierra Resort. Hopefully I'll be able to recoup some losses, but fortunately, still way up overall since this long series of gambling trips began 10 weeks ago! haha

Mammothgambler
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Tue 29, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are kickass rooms at the PM! Of course, since they've not offered any free rooms since like two summers ago, we've not been back.

And it's awesome that you're up overall for this current streak of junkets....I mean, someone has to win out there in Reno so I'm very glad to hear it's one of us from VR!!
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Tue 29, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lily! Yeah, I didn't set foot in the Peppermill for about 2 years until last summer, and they've upped my card level and sent me just enough free play to keep coming back. It's a nice switch from downtown, I'm just at a point where I only play a few different machines there now and seem to have better luck at Harrah's and the Silver Legacy. BUT, free is free, and those hot tubs and steam showers are the best in the world. Looks like I'll be going back for a couple of days on June 19-21, just responded to 2 free nights in a Spa Suite and $100 free play. No free play downtown for this trip, so it's the perfect excuse to go back. Their Blazing 7s are the lamest, but I'm still hooked on the Double Ten Times Pay, the Pinball, the Double Diamond, the Hot Peppers, and those few random dollar machines that haven't seemed to move a muscle over there location-wise in the past 7 years. I'm making a note to self for this trip, not to be tempted to walk down to the Atlantis - I'll only lose again!

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: